+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chin up guys

Quote Originally Posted by westcountryvillain View Post
    Good luck for next season lads - it's getting harder & harder for promoted teams to stay up and we know we came within a whisker of it last time round.
    Bloody Hawkeye 😉 .

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    ......It will also be nice to win a few games.
    We won a few games this season, no pleasing some people.......

I've enjoyed watching us over the last dozen games. If they had been the first 12 of the season I would be very happy but ........

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    We won a few games this season, no pleasing some people.......
    Winning a few more games than this season

It’ll still be inferior football though.

I loved the intensity of the matches in the Prem up until that last season under Pullis.

Even though you knew that we had inferior players the G Mac/Olsson grit and organisation and the sheer will most of our players had made it compelling viewing.

I remember beating Liverpool 3-0 on the opening day of the season with Gera scoring a screamer, we played them off the park.

It was Yacob’s debut and he had Gerrard in his pocket for 90 minutes.

The sum of our parts made us a very difficult team to play against, I long to see that again.

All we can do is do what we do, support the club, everything else is out of our control. Just have to hope that what is put in front of us is good to watch. What we would be bet off without, though, is Lai.

FOL

There is only one place to ply your trade and that's in the top division. For most of our history this has been the case and while I accept our relegation I can't say that I'm looking forward to next season. Yes, VAR has been a disaster and needs a complete overhaul and the lesser sides often don't get the rub of the green but surely hosting sides like United, City, Liverpool etc. is preferableto competing in the Championship. Let's hope that whoever is in charge is given the means for us to come straight back up.

I like to see The Albion win; I would rather see us beat the likes of Nottingham Forest, Queens Park Rangers and Middlesbrough than lose to Manure, Liverpool & Co. Yes, beating the ‘big’ clubs is best but we are what we are.

FOL

Quote Originally Posted by samhubball View Post
    All the best for the future lads. Your form over the last few weeks would have been enough if you'd had got Sam in earlier maybe.

Sure you'll be back up pretty quickly - and you'll enjoy pissing the championship again next season.

No hard feelings, what goes around comes around, so I don't want to gloat. You've got some good players.

Nice post Sam! To be honest looking forward to no VAR and better banter at the likes of Hull and Barnsley! This year the Premier has also shown the definition of greed!

Pity though as our football lately has been good and you know that due to your underserved point recently.

Disappointed but not despondent

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)