+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Is 4-3-3 still the best team formation ?

Is 4-3-3 still the best team formation ?

Towards the end of the season, DA has been trying different formations, sometimes changing it during the game.
    Really think this is a move in the right direction, particularly utilising wing-backs.
    What formation would you prefer us to play?

For wing-backs, I suppose we would need three sure-footed CBs (or two at least). Would that still be 3 in the middle and 2 up front or 2 in the middle, 2 wingers and one up front?. I guess the latter suits the players we have but one of our problems this last season was the shortage of options in the box and with 2 wingers that may just continue.

I hope there is some change in order to get more presence in the box.

I don’t think it’s the formation that needs to change to get more in the box, but the wide players moving there when play is on the other side. You don’t see Rashford and Greenwood sticking to the touch line when the ball is wide on the other side, they are a lot closer to Cavani; similar with the Liverpool front 3. Now I know they’re better players but Charlie, Owen (if still here) and Callum should be able to manage it too.