+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 103 of 410 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 4096

Thread: Transfer Rumour Thread 21/22

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    Never seen so much clamour to replace a boy that hasn't left and no one wants to see leave.

Question for all:

You can only pick one option.

1) two of Benji, Shanks, Edwards, Fuchs leave the club. The fees allow us to bring in 4 players.

2) no one in the current first team squad leaves the club and we go through until the Jan window with the squad we have currently.

If option 1 - which 2 would you see leave?
    Option 1. Lose two, gain four is a no brainer. Would let go of Fuchs first and Edwards last. Siegrist & Shanks would be an either or. Siegrist was arguably more important to us last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    agree thought he was going back up north back 3 of mulgrew edwards and reynolds aint bad though??
    3-5-2 for Tams favoured formation at Kelty so I'd suggest that's where we're heading.

I'd go for:

Smith - Edwards - Mulgrew.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    3-5-2 for Tams favoured formation at Kelty so I'd suggest that's where we're heading.

I'd go for:

If its 3 at the back then that has to be the first choice 3.

That system would suit the lack of wingers, let the wing back go forward (Sporle could excel there) and then you have Butcher and Fuchs in the middle, add in a number 10 (Mochrie) behind two strikers

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post

I'd go for:

That 100% has to be the back 3 if we are to play that. Rotating K Smith and Neilson throughout the season. Reynolds can come in if Mulgrew out. If Edwards out move Mulgrew to centre and stick Reynolds on the left. Connolly back eventually too. Plenty options.

The concensus last season was that we would be happy to lose Benji for a good fee because goalies were easier to replace and that's why I still think he will be sold and we are waiting on this happening to free up money for transfers but with only a year left on his contract what would we realistically get for him -£500 - £700k at most?

If we got something like that for him then ye let's sell him, bring in another decent goalie and a couple of other good outfield players.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    The concensus last season was that we would be happy to lose Benji for a good fee because goalies were easier to replace and that's why I still think he will be sold and we are waiting on this happening to free up money for transfers but with only a year left on his contract what would we realistically get for him -£500 - £700k at most?

If we got something like that for him then ye let's sell him, bring in another decent goalie and a couple of other good outfield players.
    None of us want to lose him but i agree with your sentiments,i think he wants to go anyway.My biggest worry is his replacement and i cannot believe on the recommendation of our goalkeeping coach Danny Rodgers is in the frame.
    It matters not a jot to me whether its as a number 1 or 2 he had a terrible season at Killie and they with an ex goalkeeper as manager have deemed him not good enough for the weakest Championship in many a year.
    This is not a negative post just for the sake of it but to go from Benji to Danny would leave Tam oot to dry and if it goes tits up Alexander and The Big Man should go before the Head Coach is sacked.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    None of us want to lose him but i agree with your sentiments,i think he wants to go anyway.My biggest worry is his replacement and i cannot believe on the recommendation of our goalkeeping coach Danny Rodgers is in the frame.
    It matters not a jot to me whether its as a number 1 or 2 he had a terrible season at Killie and they with an ex goalkeeper as manager have deemed him not good enough for the weakest Championship in many a year.
    This is not a negative post just for the sake of it but to go from Benji to Danny would leave Tam oot to dry and if it goes tits up Alexander and The Big Man should go before the Head Coach is sacked.
    Agree mate. We won't replace Benji like for like but we need better than Rogers as a no1

Agreed. If its not going to be 442 which I think it should be, then next best would be 352, but please not the horrific 343 that Mellon employed for long spells.
    352 allows width across the park and also the opportunity to play a Mochrie/ Pawlett type in the number 10 role.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    If a striker got released by a manager who was an ex striker then we shouldn't go for him either?

BTW, I don't think Rodgers is good enough for our number 1 spot, just curious about that thought process.

Rogers shouldnt even be here as back up, we should be looking past players like this for better caliber players

Page 103 of 410 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)