+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 410 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Rumour Thread 21/22

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Has anyone seen Mulgrew play in the last 2/3/4/5 years? Hard to see how anyone can argue for or against on the basis of nothing. 23 games for Fleetwood last season before injury ruled him out in Feb. He may well do a job for us until Smith is ready to play a full season. He may also be pish. One things for sure, he'll have the best set piece delivery we've seen at the club in about 10 years.
    Its only a year and half since his last cap for Scotland. This type of signing wouldn't be a risky one. At his age probably wont be too big in wage demands but would bring huge experience.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    But We've given Clark a 2 year extension to do our set pieces and be part of the kids mentoring team!
    Mulgrew is coming to mentor Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post
    Its only a year and half since his last cap for Scotland. This type of signing wouldn't be a risky one. At his age probably wont be too big in wage demands but would bring huge experience.
    I tend to agree and he's surely better than Reynolds & Connolly? What does concern me though is us looking to make yet another signing without actually having a manager. Is this another player the new man is going to have to be forced to play at the expense of getting his own signings in?

I tend to agree and he's surely better than Reynolds & Connolly? What does concern me though is us looking to make yet another signing without actually having a manager. Is this another player the new man is going to have to be forced to play at the expense of getting his own signings in?
    Agree with that think he could be a good signing but surely they could have waited until they had appointed or announced a new manager and got his opinion on any new signings.Doubt we will be making many signings so if manager has to work with players he should have a say in any coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by AraBrian View Post
    Not doubting you mate but was trying to think of who these players you think we have signed purely based on selling them on instead of them being good technical players who could add to the quality of the side?Not doubting you have a few examples but I cant think of any but would be interested to hear who they are.
    Best example would be Harkes. Plays well in flashes, inconsistent, gives up the ball easily. I suspect we hoped to sell him on at a good profit but not enough diligence done on that because coaches watching him are going to see the flaws straight away. Butcher, limited technically, gives up possession easily. But kept Powers out of the side.

But to that add King, resigning Clark Pawlett Connolly, all players lacking in technical ability.

Go back and watch the St Johnstone v Hibs Final and watch how St Johnstone's midfield players hold the ball and wait for the right pass. We may have matched them reasonably well in our head to head games but that's because of our work rate and ability to scrap with them. Our goalkeeper and back 4. If we want top 6 and challenging for cups we need to be recruiting better experienced technical players to blend with the young players breaking through.

Mulgrew maybe will fit that bill, if he's fit, but a two year deal for a player that age is crazy.

But we know this is the way we operate these days. the United manager has an influence on signing but it isn't them that make them. In this instance I'd imagine Mulgrew has been on the radar for a while and MM was consulted about it. BUT, who knows, it may even be a load of *******s.

Mulgrew is coming to mentor Clark.
    😁😁😁

Apologies Whitfield, that last reply was for ArabChnid
    No probs Stokey......and I'd just like to add that when we played the young Celtic loanee goalie in the last few games was MM told to do this by the yes men as he is coming to us as a make weight as part of a possible Benji to Celtic deal?Could this have been the straw that broke the camels back for Mellon?......I've no doubt there has been interference from above re players on the team sheet on a Saturday so my conspiracy theories are going into overdrive......he was probably told to play Meekinson and Smith too,to put them in the shop window.

Best example would be Harkes. Plays well in flashes, inconsistent, gives up the ball easily. I suspect we hoped to sell him on at a good profit but not enough diligence done on that because coaches watching him are going to see the flaws straight away. Butcher, limited technically, gives up possession easily. But kept Powers out of the side.

But to that add King, resigning Clark Pawlett Connolly, all players lacking in technical ability.

Go back and watch the St Johnstone v Hibs Final and watch how St Johnstone's midfield players hold the ball and wait for the right pass. We may have matched them reasonably well in our head to head games but that's because of our work rate and ability to scrap with them. Our goalkeeper and back 4. If we want top 6 and challenging for cups we need to be recruiting better experienced technical players to blend with the young players breaking through.

Mulgrew maybe will fit that bill, if he's fit, but a two year deal for a player that age is crazy.
    Yeah mate totally agree about them signing players that are not technically good enough it was the selling them on bit I was confused with can't see them selling any off those named for massive profits.Think I misinterpreted what you were meaning.I noticed youu'r post about Hoti guy from work goes to see forfar and he really rates him know forfar are not at top level but gave us a game in cup.Don't know if mellon thought he was prem ready or was having cryptic dig at TA if was first he obviously changed his mind if the second then probably the writting was on the wall from the start if he was having digs instead of just being honest and saying don't think hoti is ready for prem yit.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    No probs Stokey......and I'd just like to add that when we played the young Celtic loanee goalie in the last few games was MM told to do this by the yes men as he is coming to us as a make weight as part of a possible Benji to Celtic deal?Could this have been the straw that broke the camels back for Mellon?......I've no doubt there has been interference from above re players on the team sheet on a Saturday so my conspiracy theories are going into overdrive......he was probably told to play Meekinson and Smith too,to put them in the shop window.
    That is exactly my suspicion Whitfield.
    You tell an experienced head coach who's on the team sheet and if that coach has anything about him he's eventually going to tell you to ram it where the sun don't shine.

Page 13 of 410 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)