+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 156 of 410 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206256 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 4096

Thread: Transfer Rumour Thread 21/22

We are delighted to announce that another of our young players has committed his future to Dundee United as Our Academy graduate Logan Chalmers has signed a contract extension until 2024.

Logan, who joined the club when he was eleven years old, has signed the three-year extension as he looks to continue his exciting development at Tannadice.

Last season was a breakout year for the 21-year-old local star, whose impressive performances in the first half of the season lead to him making his debut for the Scotland Under-21 squad.

Since making his debut in 2017, Logan has gone on to make 34 appearances for the first team, scoring three goals, and he'll be looking to build on both those stats this season as he takes the next steps in his career.

"I've been at the club since I was eleven and I love playing here," said Logan. "Coming into training every day the facilities are great, we've got a new gaffer in charge and there are exciting times to come for the club.

"I want to entertain people but work hard as well. After the injury last year I'm just delighted to be back now and ready for the new season.

"Getting back in the side is probably my most important target this season but, hopefully, I can add some more assists and get a couple of goals as well."

Head Coach Tam Courts added: "I'm absolutely delighted that Logan has extended his contract. He's a mercurial talent, where he does things that are instinctive and unexpected.

"The great thing from my perspective is that over the next few years we've got a chance to refine that talent. We can develop him and give him opportunities to try and get him to the highest levels of the game. That is where his potential lies at this moment in time."
    Chalmers with a new three year contract

Hmm, suppose we'll just need to see how he does eh. 3 years is a long contract, i dont see how he's earned that based on appearances but the big man/bandit and Tam must do.

Hope this isnt a deal for him rather than a winger/creative mid and we come out with the 'like a new player' pish

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post

Also, the whole area is the Hilltown
    off topic, is it f uck! It's tap, middle and bottom

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    off topic, is it f uck! It's tap, middle and bottom
    You're thinking of Strike it Lucky with Michael Barrymore!

You're thinking of Strike it Lucky with Michael Barrymore!
    now theres a pool party i would swerve, SB71 on the other hand....

I think Chalmers has so much talent. But at 21 (?) he's never had that consistent run of 1st team games to really shine. He had it briefly last season then his injury ruined it. He needs to be given the chance this season to play 30+ games and show us what he can do with goals and assists. I think he needs to aim for at least 5 goals and 5 assists this season. Doesn't sound like a lot, but our highest assister last season was Shanks with 4... and McNulty scored 5 goals. So if he can do 5/5 then I'd put it down as a 'good' season for the guy and he has the next few years to improve even further.

Incidentally that is Chalmers and Ross Graham as the players with the longest contracts at the club. 2024.

Hmm, suppose we'll just need to see how he does eh. 3 years is a long contract, i dont see how he's earned that based on appearances but the big man/bandit and Tam must do.

Hope this isnt a deal for him rather than a winger/creative mid and we come out with the 'like a new player' pish
    He will be like a new player, just accept it why not?
    If there's nobody out there let's just get on with what's in front of our noses.
    Maybe you'd prefer a Luke Bolton-type coming in?
    Yuck!

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Cheery....a multi tasker

See...We're saving money already....kerching
    Not forgetting the clean sheets,
    Can see it's already been leaked to DCT she is also a good sweeper

How ****ing old is everyone on this forum?

Also, the whole area is the Hilltown
    im fvcking ancient

now theres a pool party i would swerve, SB71 on the other hand....
    was actually there

Page 156 of 410 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206256 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)