+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 410 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Rumour Thread 21/22

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Fleetwood in for Edwards is the word on the pavey.
    Our best defender last season by a long way in both boxes.If him and Benji go we are royally phucked at the back,mind you The Big Man did manage to secure Connolly on a long term deal so its no all bad eh?.

Definitely need to be holding on to Edwards

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Our best defender last season by a long way in both boxes.If him and Benji go we are royally phucked at the back,mind you The Big Man did manage to secure Connolly on a long term deal so its no all bad eh?.
    Gutted that nobody else will be able to come in.

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    Gutted that nobody else will be able to come in.
    So am i mate.You never know though The Big Man might have a Premiership ready defender up his sleeve.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Definitely need to be holding on to Edwards
    Been a great signing would love to see him staying.We are going to get interest in any player that plays really well if get silly offers he will be off but hope they can keep him bit longer think his value will go up.

I know it's not even turned June yet but I can't help feeling this is a bit like a replay of last season's recruitment.
    Tony no doubt will have his list but the new manager, assuming he's allowed some independence, will have an idea of how he wants to play and the players he would like to bring in to improve the current crop.

I know patience isn't my best thing but we need to see this decision on the manager sorted pronto so we can get on and strengthen the side. Players on our list may be agreeing contracts elsewhere while we fann y about getting our gaffer sorted. I think pre season starts 17th June.

Said elsewhere it's going to a tough league next season. We need to get cracking. I was criticised for "worrying" about other clubs. I don't worry about other clubs I worry about our ability to strengthen sufficiently to compete effectively with them.

Finger out Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    I know it's not even turned June yet but I can't help feeling this is a bit like a replay of last season's recruitment.
    Tony no doubt will have his list but the new manager, assuming he's allowed some independence, will have an idea of how he wants to play and the players he would like to bring in to improve the current crop.

I know patience isn't my best thing but we need to see this decision on the manager sorted pronto so we can get on and strengthen the side. Players on our list may be agreeing contracts elsewhere while we fann y about getting our gaffer sorted. I think pre season starts 17th June.

Said elsewhere it's going to a tough league next season. We need to get cracking. I was criticised for "worrying" about other clubs. I don't worry about other clubs I worry about our ability to strengthen sufficiently to compete effectively with them.

Finger out Tony.
    The club have obviously been thinking about punting Mellon for some time. If all their balls were in the same Court(s)......apologies.....then they've made a royal arse of this. You'd have hoped they'd have had a list of candidates made up and were ready to strike. The last thing we need is this dragging on again like last season.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    The club have obviously been thinking about punting Mellon for some time. If all their balls were in the same Court(s)......apologies.....then they've made a royal arse of this. You'd have hoped they'd have had a list of candidates made up and were ready to strike. The last thing we need is this dragging on again like last season.
    Yeah, agreed. There's still time but not that much. A lot of decent players are getting their deals done before they hit the beach (ìn Broughty Ferry obviously) Sorry Terry couldn't resist.

The only plus is that due to the financial impact of Covid more players are available. Question is how many are in our budget and would improve us.

Finger out United.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post

Finger out Tony.
    Think they will have an Idea who they want by now from people being interviewed but will have to do all the interviews I guess then we should hear end of weekish I would guess.Agree sooner the better new manager can get an Idea of what he needs from videos and coachs but think he will want to see players in training before he knows what he needs.

Any new manager is already up against it with Benji gone(which looks likely). I honestly think if we had Mehmet or any other keeper at the club in over Benji we would have been relegated. I think he saved our manager from defeat countless times last season, he was incredible.

If Edwards was then to go also id be really panicking unless we can get in the correct replacements and not Zwick/Durnan standard.

That being said if they stay im excited at the change in manager and look forward to enjoying football again hopefully.

Page 16 of 410 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666116 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)