+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 175 of 410 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225275 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 4096

Thread: Transfer Rumour Thread 21/22

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    Yes, he can be a fanny, an unabashed Jambo fanny at that, but nevertheless he did wax lyrical about Tam's Tots.
    Or is it Courts' Kids?
    Tam Courts Kids just sounds like a newspaper headline that nobody wants!

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    It's ok, we know you didn't mean we should sign him just giving my opinion on him on the back off james post...Good to think about those dominant derbies, Hope that is OK with you?

I wonder when the window shuts if we will have made any signings, I think yes
    Yes, that's more than ok with me thanks, you carry on.!!

Quote Originally Posted by Shedboy1971 View Post
    i somehow to thought it was a week on Sunday lol - 9 new signings on friday i reckon........

That’s exactly what happened, thought I’d have a quick check on here before I went to bed for any transfer news, noticed someone mention sheep on Sunday, looked at fixtures and realised my error!

Was looking forward to one last free weekend and thinking we had another week to get players in. Even made plans for the Sunday with the gf, now I’m going to have to subtly rush her so we are home for 3. Fek saké, wouldn’t mind so much if we signed someone lol

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    That’s exactly what happened, thought I’d have a quick check on here before I went to bed for any transfer news, noticed someone mention sheep on Sunday, looked at fixtures and realised my error!

Was looking forward to one last free weekend and thinking we had another week to get players in. Even made plans for the Sunday with the gf, now I’m going to have to subtly rush her so we are home for 3. Fek saké, wouldn’t mind so much if we signed someone lol
    me too need an excuse now for sunday ffs

If we could keep Lewis MacLeod fit he would be a class signing . Quality player and creative . Had some real bad luck with injuries but exactly the type of midfielder we been crying out for. Free Agent .

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi u-Knighted View Post
    My previous post may have been badly written but Chick and Stoke read it the way it was intended.! I'm in no way suggesting we should've signed Dorrans but showing a bit more ambition to improve would be a start..
    I had similar last week when I quoted a BBC headline saying that some defender by the name of 'Kelly' was Livingstone's 12th signing of the summer. Some folk seemed to think I was suggesting that we should have been in for the boy Kelly, when I was actually highlighting the fact that Livi have signed 12 players this summer.

Some on here reckoned that our transfer activity might have picked up at the turn of the month due to contracts running out at the end of June - well first of all, it didn't stop other teams getting their act together and getting players in early and we certainly haven't seen an increase in signing activity at Tannadice since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannadicebunnet View Post
    If we could keep Lewis MacLeod fit he would be a class signing . Quality player and creative . Had some real bad luck with injuries but exactly the type of midfielder we been crying out for. Free Agent .
    Despite our club looking like a bit of a rehab centre at times, looking at his wiki has me thinking its time for him to find a new career.

I do though wonder if Greg Stewart has been contacted after our apparent previous interest in him.
    Last edited by Chick A Saw; 27-07-2021 at 06:09 PM.

Given management indicated they hoped to add some players, if we don’t get anyone else in or compound it with some panic buys that has to go down as a major failure by the recruitment section. Funnily enough it was one area I was quite hopeful of for this regime, given Ashgars background.

Far gone are the days it seems when scottish clubs could pick up a proven pro from the Dutch league. There must be some markets out there. It seems most the teams in the spl shop from the same poundstore.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    Given management indicated they hoped to add some players, if we don’t get anyone else in or compound it with some panic buys that has to go down as a major failure by the recruitment section. Funnily enough it was one area I was quite hopeful of for this regime, given Ashgars background.
    Exactly. We employ 4 people who work directly within recruitment and another 5 who work alongside them. WTAF are these people doing if we aren't recruiting players?

I don't think it was our intention to add any players after Mulgrew signed. I get the feeling we won't sign anyone until we've lost several games. I think the club have been stringing fans fans along. Will be delighted to be proved wrong though.

Page 175 of 410 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225275 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)