+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 180 of 410 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230280 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 4096

Thread: Transfer Rumour Thread 21/22

see if we really want Shanks to sign an extension and make any money from him, surely to f uck after seeing him starved of service last year we should be looking to sign new players to provide him service, get him happy and get him signed up and sold on

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    see if we really want Shanks to sign an extension...
    Unless he's really settled in this area I can't see any upside for him in this. Just seems highly unlikely to me but your never know I guess

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Unless he's really settled in this area I can't see any upside for him in this. Just seems highly unlikely to me but your never know I guess
    Only way I see him signing for another year is if he gets some ridiculous clause of 20% of a future transfer fee or something like that

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    Only way I see him signing for another year is if he gets some ridiculous clause of 20% of a future transfer fee or something like that
    Even then, he could probably command a large signing on fee if he was out of contact and the club he was going to were getting him free...

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Hope Ogren don't read this board or be may well think fk this, then you'd have plenty to worry about

He was at the two Tannadice derbies which both were electric and packed so he has a good idea

I'd rather have this kind of build to a season with stability of team and squad than what we got between 98-2006, those years were hellish apart from the odd great escape or cup run

Our current defence and goal keeper is better than any we had during those years right away

Honestly, I get the concern about a new manager, it wasn't anyone's choice, it's the unknown and the frustration that we haven't signed a couple key players as yet, outwith that, the negativity and feeling has become drama queen like and lost all perspective in a section of our support, there is a thread on the board "get a effin grip" and that's what some fans need to do, settle down, let's see where we are after 5-6 games, then after 11 when we've faced everyone (the league of galacticos we've entered since May) , I'm personally just looking forward to getting back to games and being right behind the team and manager

Personally I will be disillusioned if we don't add creativity to our midfield as that was the glaring issue last season. Its really not rocket science and I find it hard to fathom we are starting the league season this weekend and no winger or creative midfielder has been added.

Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post
    Personally I will be disillusioned if we don't add creativity to our midfield as that was the glaring issue last season. Its really not rocket science and I find it hard to fathom we are starting the league season this weekend and no winger or creative midfielder has been added.
    Been an issue for a while now and glaringly obvious. A bit much to put full weight on mochrie, meekison and chalmers for this. I would now settle for 1 signing a creative midfielder IF freeman plays wing back - but only because i worry we aint signing anyone

been an issue for years, our current midfield is lacking creativity massively

Good number 10s & wingers are like hen's teeth. There's a lot of ordinary ones but you ewant to avoid them. Every team is searching for that diamond creative midfielder.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    Good number 10s & wingers are like hen's teeth. There's a lot of ordinary ones but you ewant to avoid them. Every team is searching for that diamond creative midfielder.
    But we are looking for one that is very good for cheap as chips..

Quote Originally Posted by Craigbrew View Post
    But we are looking for one that is very good for cheap as chips..
    Theres is plenty creative wide players out there, we have f uck all width and creativity

Page 180 of 410 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230280 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)