+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 196 of 410 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206246296 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 4096

Thread: Transfer Rumour Thread 21/22

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Not sure if there is any truth to this but i have heard that Tony has informed someone from the prawn sandwich brigade that the club are active in the transfer market and its not a smokescreen.
    i think we will be and have been but without the conviction to close deals like we have in the past. This sunday could make a difference, a good result will settle a lot of panic, a poor one and there will be a lot of pressure to do something.

It feels really good to come on here and post something i think is truthful and for a change is not a negative.

It feels really good to come on here and post something i think is truthful and for a change is not a negative.
    The thing is that a wee bit better comms could ease a lot of the issues currently. The odd wee bit now and again perhaps recognising supporters angst by at least saying that they are active and looking for a couple of key players and to perhaps highlight that although things have not happened to date it doesn’t mean it won’t. Since Thomas said they were looking for a couple of signings coming in ‘that week’ (can’t even remember what ‘that week’ was) it’s been nada, zilch, zero. I can’t understand why they don’t see that it’s the absolute silence that’s primarily making a rod for their own back. Precise details are not reqd but the odd update here and there to reassure us that things are in hand and not to get our collective knickers in a twist.

Not sure if there is any truth to this but i have heard that Tony has informed someone from the prawn sandwich brigade that the club are active in the transfer market and its not a smokescreen.
    Aye but which feckin way
    In or oot

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    The thing is that a wee bit better comms could ease a lot of the issues currently. The odd wee bit now and again perhaps recognising supporters angst by at least saying that they are active and looking for a couple of key players and to perhaps highlight that although things have not happened to date it doesn’t mean it won’t. Since Thomas said they were looking for a couple of signings coming in ‘that week’ (can’t even remember what ‘that week’ was) it’s been nada, zilch, zero. I can’t understand why they don’t see that it’s the absolute silence that’s primarily making a rod for their own back. Precise details are not reqd but the odd update here and there to reassure us that things are in hand and not to get our collective knickers in a twist.
    Good post, definitely agree with this.

Good news but think we all knew they were trying to bring fresh faces in just taking time

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Yeah agree with this but they are probably looking at loads of players and a lot will not happen you see what happens if they are linked to a player and it does not come off so thinking they just keeping quiet till deals are done just my guess.

Was he trying to get this bloke to sign up for another season of hospitality at the time?

Words are cheap. Let's see who/if we actually sign.

It's not the first time we have shown our cards too early regarding interest in players (maybe not us, maybe the media) Paranoia I know, but I was beginning to suspect other clubs were using us as barometer then moving in themselves. Also think we used to openly show interest towards certain available players (that we were never gonna get) to keep the fans happy that we were at least trying.

If the cards this time are being held closely to the chest and we sign a good player under the radar, I will be over the moon. If the deafening silence is due to nout actually happening, I would have preferred as some have said , to have been given some info, no matter how little.

Still can't believe we are going in to this really important season without a couple more signings at least. But.... if it is down to the money, just tell us it is down to the money.

Ignorance is not bliss....

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    Was he trying to get this bloke to sign up for another season of hospitality at the time?

Words are cheap. Let's see who/if we actually sign.
    Believe it or not the answer to your question is no.

Page 196 of 410 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206246296 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)