+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 256 of 396 FirstFirst ... 156206246254255256257258266306356 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,560 of 4096

Thread: Transfer Rumour Thread 21/22

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    I don't imagine he'll stay with any of the clubs. Most likely papped out on loan, much like Banks was. Its a risky move for the boy. I'm sure Freeman will be having a few words in his ear. There are rumours elsewhere however that we have been actively pimping him out to clubs in order to get some cash in the door, this despite the fact the boy has made it clear he wants to stay.

With regards Robson, last I heard was Lincoln were trying to shift a boy on to make funds available for him.
    I read a story a week or so ago that Banks is now training with the first team squad down at Palace. I think they rate him highly down there, watched highlights of him in the Under 23 matches and he was the captain.

Freeman was unlucky with his two major injuries, or probably would have made it down at Southampton (or would have had a better chance anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    I read a story a week or so ago that Banks is now training with the first team squad down at Palace. I think they rate him highly down there, watched highlights of him in the Under 23 matches and he was the captain.

Freeman was unlucky with his two major injuries, or probably would have made it down at Southampton (or would have had a better chance anyway)
    He was on the bench for the first game of the season.

Not sure Freeman would've made it at Saints given he can't currently displace Liam Smith from our first team.

He was on the bench for the first game of the season.

Not sure Freeman would've made it at Saints given he can't currently displace Liam Smith from our first team.
    Like I said, his two major knee injuries set him back hugely when he was 16-18, he lost out on a lot of playing time and development

I think / hope Freeman will have a role to play this season in our first team

He would be trusted to come in and can play either side of defence

If he has a £500K release clause then surely the fee isn't up for debate?

I think it would depend if the contract stipulates the release of the player "on receiving an offer of £500k"

Or, "receiving an offer of £500k or above"

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    I think it would depend if the contract stipulates the release of the player "on receiving an offer of £500k"

Or, "receiving an offer of £500k or above"
    Burns now reporting the clause is time sensitive and that time has now passed.

Burns now reporting the clause is time sensitive and that time has now passed.
    I'm not certain but I don't think these release clauses are all from a contract template issued by the regulatory body ie the SPFL
    Pretty sure the wording can be drafted by the player's club.

Was the clause not met by Leicester city but the young lad knocked it back? It might mean that he will not be pushed into moving, and that teams looking at him will realise that an increased bid will be required to get any deal done.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabknight View Post
    Was the clause not met by Leicester city but the young lad knocked it back? It might mean that he will not be pushed into moving, and that teams looking at him will realise that an increased bid will be required to get any deal done.
    That was Neilson

Page 256 of 396 FirstFirst ... 156206246254255256257258266306356 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)