+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 410 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Rumour Thread 21/22

So if McNulty signs on as our new striker, who or what type of player would compliment him?

A Jon Daly type that can hold up the ball, win aerial flick ons etc? Or perhaps a Ryan Guald/Scott Allan type that can play the killer pass from attacking mid?

I would like to have both options to give us much more scope to change style/tactics to suit the given situation.

BTW, I don't know anything.

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    So if McNulty signs on as our new striker, who or what type of player would compliment him?

A Jon Daly type that can hold up the ball, win aerial flick ons etc? Or perhaps a Ryan Guald/Scott Allan type that can play the killer pass from attacking mid?

I would like to have both options to give us much more scope to change style/tactics to suit the given situation.

That is probably the correct answer. Again, it all comes down to what system Mellon wants to play next season

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post

I think both would help but where do we find a ryan gauld and a jon daly on the cheap?

Quote Originally Posted by AraBrian View Post
    I think both would help but where do we find a ryan gauld and a jon daly on the cheap?
    Well Jon Daly came in on the cheap and Gauld came through the youth team, so £0 spent on them.

Are Mochrie, Glass or Meekison another Gauld though, dunno about that

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    Well Jon Daly came in on the cheap and Gauld came through the youth team, so £0 spent on them.

Gauld was able to slot into a team that played attacking football, in a formation that suited him perfectly, with a manager who had more trust in Youth than most managers out there. He was top top top class, but he also had everything go perfectly for him. He was able to come into a team that had Daly up top, Armstong and GMS either side of him, Rankin behind him and a solid, settled defence.

These young guys mentioned have all had loan spells (Gauld didnt have that) and just need to bide their time and their chance will come. Glass' injury was nearly career ending so his main goal will be to get back playing football, although I suspect he'll not want to go on loan after what happened to him at Thistle. We'll see. Meekison showed v Killie he has a bit of swagger about him which I liked, I reckon we might see him tonight or Sunday. Mochrie certainly not as confident as a Glass or Meekison but by all accounts the most talented and has done well enough for such a young guy going out on Loan this year. He also has a physical advantage over a lot of guys his age, a bit taller and fairly filled out compared to Glass/Meekison and others.

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post

Yeah but you don't bring a gauld through every season hopefully some of the young lads come through and make it at our level and above but takes time.Also hopefully MM can find a target man as good as daly was for us just not easy to find on the cheap.

Maybe the wrong thread but...the first game of season 19/20 away to Hertz on comes Scott Banks with 15 mins left. He stood out a mile, had several touches & each one a peach. Even took one of the penalties & scored. He only had a couple of starts & another subbie appearance, that's all we got. He'd been on loan at Alloa & Clyde where he scored an absolute raker. Should do well at Crystal palace.

We need someone that will feed any striker that we have....at the moment its like having really big firework with no lighter to light it!

Dundee United announced that the following players will be leaving the Club at the end of their current contracts:

Paul McMullan, Dillon Powers, Adam King, Lewis Fraser and Mackenzie Lemon.

The Club wishes all of the above players the very best for the future, and thank them all for their hard work and contributions to our success
    King finally leaves! With a 0% pass completion rate

Looks like we'll be needing another centre back this summer. Connolly done his cruciate.

Page 3 of 410 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)