+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 410 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Rumour Thread 21/22

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    We need someone that will feed any striker that we have....at the moment its like having really big firework with no lighter to light it!
    you calling our strikers a bunch of rockets?

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    Looks like we'll be needing another centre back this summer. Connolly done his cruciate.
    F*ck sake, he's had some year. Snapped cruciate as well.

Rumours of Reynolds retiring too which, if true, may mean we need a couple of CB's.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    F*ck sake, he's had some year. Snapped cruciate as well.

Rumours of Reynolds retiring too which, if true, may mean we need a couple of CB's.
    I’ve been seeing rumours of Charlie Mulgrew, yes thirty five year old Charlie Mulgrew, doing the rounds on social media.............

I think we have 4 spine of a team which I would like to keep - Siegrist, Edwards, Fuchs, Shankland. I really wouldn't be too fussed if anyone else left, excluding our youngsters. We have an honest set of pros at club, but I think our league position is our level just now.

What I would say about the defence, as a unit, its been fairly decent since it settled on Siegrist, Smith (bit erratic last couple matches), Edwards, Reynolds, Robson. You wouldn't necessarily say Smith, Reynolds or Robson are exceptional, but defence is greater than sum of its parts. Reynolds and Edwards is a decent combo, left footer and right footer, compliment each other as Watson and Reynolds did in championship. So I could live with that defence next season, priorities as we all know live further up the park.

If you lose Siegrist it will make a huge difference, him and Edwards give you authority from crosses into box. I'd be trying to persuade him to even just sign a year extension to give us another year consolidating, wouldn't do him any harm to get another season of games under his belt. Attacking wise it has to be said our full backs could improve their crossing.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    I think we have 4 spine of a team which I would like to keep - Siegrist, Edwards, Fuchs, Shankland. I really wouldn't be too fussed if anyone else left, excluding our youngsters. We have an honest set of pros at club, but I think our league position is our level just now.
    This all day long. I wouldn't be fussed about anyone other than those four leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    Looks like we'll be needing another centre back this summer. Connolly done his cruciate.
    If this is true. The poor guys been through the mill the year. Hope he can come back from this.

[QUOTE=JUSTaway;39779763]I think we have 4 spine of a team which I would like to keep - Siegrist, Edwards, Fuchs, Shankland. I really wouldn't be too fussed if anyone else left, excluding our youngsters. We have an honest set of pros at club, but I think our league position is our level just now.

Totally agree.... yet I will bet, that there will be bids (albeit different prices) for the 4 you have mentioned.

It's pretty normal really for the players we want to keep being headhunted by other clubs, whilst the deadwood clings like **** to a stick.

Really gutted for Connolly btw, an honest pro who gives his all. Get well soon Mark 👍

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    I’ve been seeing rumours of Charlie Mulgrew, yes thirty five year old Charlie Mulgrew, doing the rounds on social media.............
    At least we'd have someone who could deliver a set piece.

Page 4 of 410 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)