+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 408 of 410 FirstFirst ... 308358398406407408409410 LastLast
Results 4,071 to 4,080 of 4096

Thread: Transfer Rumour Thread 21/22

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    I’m not a big fan of Harkes. Not worth spending anything like that amount to keep him.

He’s had a better season this year but was more mediocre before that.

I won’t shed any tears if he leaves.

Our recruitment is generally good so excited to see who we bring in for the European adventure.

Obvious we need a lot of midfielders, keeper, centre half and a striker !
    100% agree all the way with this.

I like Harkes (probably one of the few on here) but 6K a week , absolutely Phuk that.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    100% agree all the way with this.
    Not sure we need to waste a wage on another centre half. That's one area we are fine in in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by TangerineDream View Post
    I like Harkes (probably one of the few on here) but 6K a week , absolutely Phuk that.
    Can't be true but if it is and that's what he wants he won't be getting it with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Not sure we need to waste a wage on another centre half. That's one area we are fine in in my opinion.
    Depends on what Mulgrew is doing?one more season as a player or coaching?

When it comes to player retention and recruitment I'd like to think we're in a much better position now. The decision to let some fringe players go is surely correct and it looks to me that Chalmers is in the same category as Louis Appere. I think we should tell clubs we're open to interest in him.

There's been well documented failures like failing to replace Shankland and re signing McNulty but there's been successes too, eg getting a fee for Robson and upgrading with McMann. Plus Levitt obviously.

Said it before but if we're looking to attack the objectives of top 6, challenging for Europe and having realistic chance of winning a Cup Final we need more quality incoming and less quantity.

Didn't know if I should have stuck this news on The Funsters thread or this but anyway.......Ricky Lamie has tore up his pre contract with the didDEES and signed a new deal with Motherwell...coz the Doonsters are 5hite apparently 😂😂

While the football news seems to have rumours surrounding pretty well every other Club in the league regarding transfer targets, once again there appears to be not a cheep about United right now which let’s face it follows previous form under the Ogrens//Big Tony. It may be like previously that a couple of rabbits get pulled out the hat that no one had been expecting or seen coming but what I’m pretty sure is that they’re ‘on the job’ as we speak. Ideally however, we need everyone we want in the building for the start of pre-season.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    While the football news seems to have rumours surrounding pretty well every other Club in the league regarding transfer targets, once again there appears to be not a cheep about United right now which let’s face it follows previous form under the Ogrens//Big Tony. It may be like previously that a couple of rabbits get pulled out the hat that no one had been expecting or seen coming but what I’m pretty sure is that they’re ‘on the job’ as we speak. Ideally however, we need everyone we want in the building for the start of pre-season.
    No point saying anything about our targets other clubs are after the same sort of players better keeping it all private

Quote Originally Posted by Arab59 View Post
    No point saying anything about our targets other clubs are after the same sort of players better keeping it all private
    Definitely ! If we come out as interested for a player then their price / cost goes up and we lose them to hearts / Aberdeen / Hibs

Page 408 of 410 FirstFirst ... 308358398406407408409410 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)