+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 52 of 410 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Rumour Thread 21/22

Hope it's ok to post this here...

If Benji Fuchs Edwards and Shankland are staying the club can inform us by putting up interviews with them where they say they're looking forward to the new season. They haven't.
    Not to do that is either
    A. Poor communication
    B. We are still in negotiations over contracts
    C. We are deciding whether to accept offers

We've signed a 35 year old CB but Edwards Connolly and Reynolds are still on the books.
    We've extended Pawlett when there's a debate on this board about whether we're skint!
    We need as it stands 2 players to stand still v last year, a GK and CF. We need minimum 3 to improve on last year, a GK a CF and a creative midfielder.
    If any of Benji Fuchs Edwards and Shankland are away that would mean we're needing at least 3 to stand still, maybe as many as 6 to stand still. And if we don't improve I'm feeling pretty negative about our chances.

There's still time, but we need to hear some progress soon.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Whilst it would be nice to hear we are looking at x, y & z, the club have been hammered for leaking names in the past - GMS, Hayes, Safranko to name just three last season, so it's a bit of a no win.

I would have liked us to be a bit more active by this stage however, especially after TA's & Tam's comment on us having a vast scouting network that tracks players for months & years prior to us signing them. Surely we know by now who we are wanting to sign if this is the case and we'd have seen some movement? Instead we get a 35 year old centre half when we already have four centre halves at the club.
    One possibility for the lack of incoming is maybe MO has told TA he needs to get some transfer income in before agreeing any new signings. Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Hope it's ok to post this here...

If Benji Fuchs Edwards and Shankland are staying the club can inform us by putting up interviews with them where they say they're looking forward to the new season. They haven't.
    Not to do that is either
    A. Poor communication
    B. We are still in negotiations over contracts
    C. We are deciding whether to accept offers

We've signed a 35 year old CB but Edwards Connolly and Reynolds are still on the books.
    We've extended Pawlett when there's a debate on this board about whether we're skint!
    We need as it stands 2 players to stand still v last year, a GK and CF. We need minimum 3 to improve on last year, a GK a CF and a creative midfielder.
    If any of Benji Fuchs Edwards and Shankland are away that would mean we're needing at least 3 to stand still, maybe as many as 6 to stand still. And if we don't improve I'm feeling pretty negative about our chances.

There's still time, but we need to hear some progress soon.
    Cant remember if i replied to this last night, but was put off for some strange reason!

Just had a thought and could the coms issues be down to the fact that Dundee is the second highest Covid hot spot in Scotland just now? Im sure you know how important a solid start to pre-season training is and how an outbreak could destroy that. Limiting the number of non 1st team squad in the training area seems like good practice to me. There are other ways to feed out official news though!

Generally agree with everything else you say and hope that Fuchs, Shankland and Edwards are talking to the club about extended stays. Benji i think all parties are waiting on the right offer sadly.

However there is more rumours about departures than arrivals with Benji maybe away, Deniz gone(1 or 2 in?), Reynolds(2/3), Edwards(3/4), Robson(4/5), Fuchs(5/6), Butcher(6/7), Shankland(7/8), Sporle(8/9) and McNulty gone, that makes 9 or 10 that we arguably need to match the team that safely secured survival last season. For me, all of those guys should stay ahead of 3 of the 4 who had their contracts extended last season and a 35 yo CB with nothing left in his legs cannot be considered a credible replacement!

If 3 of them are sold for good enough money, i hope some of it brings some decent players into our 1st team.

I'm really not getting the whole 'the club should come out and say said players are staying'. No one can guarantee that any player is staying. Any of our players could move at any given minute. Unless these players sign contract extensions then there is no guarantee anyone will be staying so there's no point in saying otherwise.

Ipswich about to sign the Salford keeper. Possibly dropping their interest in Benji?

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich...penney-8091654

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Ipswich about to sign the Salford keeper. Possibly dropping their interest in Benji?

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich...penney-8091654
    I seem to recall it being mentioned on twitter earlier today that Ipswich was going away walk away from any deal for Benji.

Seems despite whatever talks took place a fee could not be agreed between the clubs.

I will look to if I can find that tweet.

Here is the tweet I saw about that.
    https://twitter.com/OurDUFC/status/1...372896768?s=19

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerryArab40 View Post
    I seem to recall it being mentioned on twitter earlier today that Ipswich was going away walk away from any deal for Benji.

Seems despite whatever talks took place a fee could not be agreed between the clubs.

I will look to if I can find that tweet.
    I'm not surprised. They can ram their poxy £150K.

According to this Jake Doyle Hayes to sign for United this week.

Some signing action at least.

https://twitter.com/Record_Sport/sta...766028310?s=19

Doyle-Hayes set to sign according to Scott Burns

Page 52 of 410 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)