+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 410 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Rumour Thread 21/22

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    At least we'd have someone who could deliver a set piece.
    most of our lot couldnae deliver Tullys

Agree with the spine of the team, but am minded to consider that Siegrist wont be here by the time the window closes. Reynolds i would try to keep for another season and be looking to bring someone else to fight for the place. Future of the right side of defence looks safe with the young lad Smith, but left side ive not seen anyone mentioned.

With whats here already, Connolly who i hope recovers quickly, Pawlett, Harkes and Clark are all adequate squad players, and we have some set of youngsters coming through in Meekison, Nielson, Glass and Chalmers, and i hope we can keep them and build our team with them.

I heard that Siegrist deal done with Celtic . Money plus Doohan. Has already said his goodbyes.

🙈 wldnt be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Agree with the spine of the team, but am minded to consider that Siegrist wont be here by the time the window closes. Reynolds i would try to keep for another season and be looking to bring someone else to fight for the place. Future of the right side of defence looks safe with the young lad Smith, but left side ive not seen anyone mentioned.

With whats here already, Connolly who i hope recovers quickly, Pawlett, Harkes and Clark are all adequate squad players, and we have some set of youngsters coming through in Meekison, Nielson, Glass and Chalmers, and i hope we can keep them and build our team with them.

I think Siegrist, Edwards, Fuchs, and Shankland might all be in the final year of their contract. At the moment I'd argue we have too many 'adequate' squad players, and what we need more quality first team regulars, which is why I wouldn't have been keeping on Connolly/Pawlett, I'd have been looking to upgrades/guys who could be first team players. I'd rather a Chalmers/Meekison given a shot of the bench than Pawlett.

I'd be surprised if any truth in the Siegrist to Celtic done deal rumour, just from a purely business sense, surely if you have an interested suitor you knock back any bid and make it public to alert other interested parties and start a potential bidding war.

Quote Originally Posted by duke_the_arab View Post
    I heard that Siegrist deal done with Celtic . Money plus Doohan. Has already said his goodbyes.
    If this is true and the deal has been done and he has said his good byes to everyone at the club which I am not saying is untrue can't see why utd would be trying to keep it a secret?

As I mentioned a couple of days ago, could explain why Doohan got played against Motherwell?

Our 'adequate' squad players are never going to get us where we want to be - 3rd, 4th, 5th and winning trophies. They simply aren't good enough. The extensions of these players is my biggest concern with regards this manager and his sporting director.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Our 'adequate' squad players are never going to get us where we want to be - 3rd, 4th, 5th and winning trophies. They simply aren't good enough. The extensions of these players is my biggest concern with regards this manager and his sporting director.
    I agree that in normal times we are looking for better, but i think we are in the position just now because of the events of the last year, where the likes of Siegrist will be sold to fund replacements, and if we are able to rebuild the finances enough with fans back in the stadium, then those adequate players will be asked to move on next season. Out of the 4 in normal times, Clark is the only one i am keeping if we find better replacements!

The one thing that really gives me hope for next season is the likes of Glass, Meekison, Mochrie, Chalmers, Nielsen, and K Smith who all seem to be good enough for the step up, and who knows if there is another Appere to burst onto the scene during pre-season.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    It's pretty normal really for the players we want to keep being headhunted by other clubs, whilst the deadwood clings like **** to a stick.
    So true mate.

Page 5 of 410 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)