+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 410 of 410 FirstFirst ... 310360400408409410
Results 4,091 to 4,096 of 4096

Thread: Transfer Rumour Thread 21/22

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    It's probably just a case of guaranteed first team football under a manager he knows and likes.
    Personally I don't really want players who demand guaranteed first team football, I want players that will work damned hard to earn it

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Personally I don't really want players who demand guaranteed first team football, I want players that will work damned hard to earn it
    Exactly how it should be..🙂

I'm not sure that's what I suggested? More that due to their relationship, he's probably guaranteed that with Robinson more than with Courts. At 34 years old, you can't blame him for wanting to play every week. It's not an age to be sitting on the bench as a keeper.

It depends.

When Shankly signed Ron Yeats as the defensive rock he built a successful Liverppol side on I'm pretty sure he never said you'll have to fight for you place son. What he said was the opposite.

If we tred to resign Levitt do you think he'd come back if he was told you'll have to fight for your place because Archie is ahead of you at the moment?

As I say, it depends on the player the position and the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    It depends.

When Shankly signed Ron Yeats as the defensive rock he built a successful Liverppol side on I'm pretty sure he never said you'll have to fight for you place son. What he said was the opposite.

If we tred to resign Levitt do you think he'd come back if he was told you'll have to fight for your place because Archie is ahead of you at the moment?

As I say, it depends on the player the position and the circumstances.
    Carson away to st mirren on a two year deal, will be interesting to see who comes in

Quote Originally Posted by shed-buoy View Post
    Carson away to st mirren on a two year deal, will be interesting to see who comes in
    I hope Eriksson is given a chance. 27 year old goalie with plenty first team experience, regular in the Finnish squad, should be more than capable of being our no1. Think the rumour about him not being fancied has just grown arms and legs and I doubt its going to be the case that we look to move him on.

I'm putting my 'the club arent stupid' hat on and saying that the fact they are clearly looking at other goalies (like Z Clark) doesnt mean that Eriksson isnt fancied. Its simply that it would be a risk for us to lose our first choice goalie to injury and have to play 20 year-old Jack Newman in goal. And they know this, and are determined not to make that mistake. Benji wasnt out too often this season but if we didnt have Carson and had to play a young goalie in some of those games, we might not have finished 4th this season.

Page 410 of 410 FirstFirst ... 310360400408409410

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)