+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: TS reflects on 2020/21 campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Shame I've deleted a thread I saw earlier today where TS thanks someone for calling him 'Mr Lightbulb of Rotherham' that was actually posted on here a few weeks ago. How do you think he got and used that quote?
    Deleted a thread? How did you do that Brin?
    TS didn't use that quote - it's an addition to his statement by Cam - a joke, based on one of the lovely Wendun's comments and it's on this (undeleted) thread.
    What's your game Brin?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    To be honest Brin I love the areas Ladapo gets into as a striker, which made him by far our most natural striker, but his decision making when he got the ball around the box was awful, because all he was bothered about was trying to work himself a shooting chance when there were lots of chances to play other people in at times.
    As for the discontent with the other players, I take it you have someone in the know telling you that?
    Agreed.

Pros for Freddie:

Gets in goalscoring positions
    Good movement
    Deceptive turn of pace
    Greed at times can be justified with belters

Cons:

Takes forever, if at all, to lay the damn ball off. Even if he has 2 defenders near and 2 easy balls on. Loses it more often than not.
    Misses some absolute sitters. Mind boggling sitters for a professional footballer.
    Last game at Cardiff when the camera panned to the stand and Viktor was cheering the lads on with Clarke, Freddie looked like he couldn't care less. But then that might be his general demeanour. He doesn't strike me as the cheerleading type for others. Maybe being harsh.

I feel conflicted about Freddie as he will get goals in League 1 but then I don't feel he would be anywhere close to the top of my 'want to stay' list, if one existed. I like him but sometimes you take to players more than others. I'm no doubt being harsh but I have this romantic notion that players love scoring for the club and what it will mean to everyone, but I feel as though Freddie always scores for himself and boosting his numbers. No idea if that makes any sense? Not necessarily a bad thing but then he is always at arms length for me as a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Agreed.

Pros for Freddie:

Good movement
    Deceptive turn of pace

Cons:

Takes forever, if at all, to lay the damn ball off. Even if he has 2 defenders near and 2 easy balls on. Loses it more often than not.
    Misses some absolute sitters. Mind boggling sitters for a professional footballer.
    Last game at Cardiff when the camera panned to the stand and Viktor was cheering the lads on with Clarke, Freddie looked like he couldn't care less. But then that might be his general demeanour. He doesn't strike me as the cheerleading type for others. Maybe being harsh.

I feel conflicted about Freddie as he will get goals in League 1 but then I don't feel he would be anywhere close to the top of my 'want to stay' list, if one existed. I like him but sometimes you take to players more than others. I'm no doubt being harsh but I have this romantic notion that players love scoring for the club and what it will mean to everyone, but I feel as though Freddie always scores for himself and boosting his numbers. No idea if that makes any sense? Not necessarily a bad thing but then he is always at arms length for me as a fan.
    Pretty much how I feel about him.
    He is incredibly frustrating and I'm not convinced he would do a lot better in League 1 because he doesn't get his head up and look to play others in.
    If we get a reasonable offer I would let him go and look to bring in one of the names on Scotty's list.....presumably there is such a thing 🙂.
    To be honest I think we will be looking for 2 or 3 strikers next season because there will almost certainly be an approach for Smudge (possibly from Middlesbrough as mentioned elsewhere).

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Pretty much how I feel about him.
    He is incredibly frustrating and I'm not convinced he would do a lot better in League 1 because he doesn't get his head up and look to play others in.
    If we get a reasonable offer I would let him go and look to bring in one of the names on Scotty's list.....presumably there is such a thing ��.
    To be honest I think we will be looking for 2 or 3 strikers next season because there will almost certainly be an approach for Smudge (possibly from Middlesbrough as mentioned elsewhere).

Yeah let him go if we get a good enough offer to reinvest on someone else. Love Smudge but if he does indeed go for a good price then it may force our hand to develop our general attacking style, which may not be a bad thing. Out of all areas on the pitch I'm looking forward to us freshening up the attack. Needed.

All for Ladapo moving on. Probably £800k @ least?

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Agreed.

Pros for Freddie:

Good movement
    Deceptive turn of pace

Cons:

It's a bit of a conundrum with freddie, and he most definitely brings out conflicting opinions about him as you mentioned.
    He's 28 now, and knowing how he played this season in the championship would there be any chance of him seeing the light and working more on his team play, with a view to bettering himself? I personally doubt it but you never know.
    He's contracted to the end of next season, so would we be better off taking the money if someone came for him? Or do we keep him in the knowledge he will score goals for us in div1 of that I am convinced.
    If the Middlesbro reported interest for smudge is genuine, then it would be a no brainer for him to go, although the interest could be just paper talk, and it would be nice to see young kayode come into the fold and be given chances to shine.
    After getting over the bitter disappointment of the weekend and a couple of mardy fits (sorry clarkey) I'm looking forward to the beginnings of another good season in div1, although there are also plenty of clubs just as capable as we are of achieving promotion UTM

“would there be any chance of him seeing the light and working more on his team play, with a view to bettering himself? I personally doubt it but you never know”

Maybe he wants to but all of the training time is took up with other issues, fitness training for example?

Dead ball delivery and finishing has been dire this season, which suggests that only a minimum of time is spent on training in these areas of the game?

Incidentally, I can’t see why Middlesbrough would want Smith

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234