+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Allardyce left 'gutted' after relegation confirmed

Allardyce left 'gutted' after relegation confirmed

Boss says Albion have only got themselves to blame - External Link

The arrogance of the man, he was the coach who wasn’t good enough to improve a poor bunch of players before the transfer window, he was the one who brought in a lump of lard in Diange, but hey he’s still trousered a hefty sum for total failure, sooner this charlatan is gone the better

Quote Originally Posted by Bombers right foot View Post
    The arrogance of the man, he was the coach who wasn’t good enough to improve a poor bunch of players before the transfer window, he was the one who brought in a lump of lard in Diange, but hey he’s still trousered a hefty sum for total failure, sooner this charlatan is gone the better

Never liked the man but things have hugely improved under him! The poor players Bilic stuck with ( Sawyers, Livermore, Kanu and Gibbs ) are not in the first eleven and we have at least a decent midfield now. Whilst Diange is not great he's far better than what we had ( apart from Gayle ). Johnstone, Phillips and Bartley have improved under Fat Sam although still don't like Phillip[s as too inconsistent!

If Fat Sam is not appointed next season then it could be the likes of Appleton so I would rather have Fat Sam!

Fat Sam loves money so do you honestly think he would want to stay without a fat bonus to get us back up again immediately? No

Had enough of nice guys like Big Dave and Bilic!!! A manager for me is not just there to be liked but to make ruthless decisions.

Whoever is appointed - it needs to be done immediately for the clear out and rebuild! Those very average ( at best ) championship players like Sawyers, Livermore, Zohore, Kanu need all to be moved on! Ruthless being the key word!

SA was correct, we missed far too many chances. Look at the Burnley game. Down to ten men, we played them off the park and missed, to my recollection, at least three glorious chances. Once SA had got the side sorted out the only game where we didn't compete was against Leicester. We lost to Villa because of an error between Bartley and Johnstone. SA can't be responsible for that. We missed chances against United, again not his fault. I could go on. If anybody is to blame it was Bilic's insistence on continually playing Sawyers and Livermore who were both poor. Look at how the performances of Phillips have improved under SA. Let's face it, he was dire under Bilic. Even Pereira wasn't the player that we now see until SA arrived. While I wasn't in favour of appointing him, my opinion has certainly changed.

Everyone is entitled to a view and this will be an important period for the Albion, I am hugely in favour of sticking with Allardyce as I can’t see any realistic option that will provide anything better. Who could we appoint who you would rather see in charge?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    Everyone is entitled to a view and this will be an important period for the Albion, I am hugely in favour of sticking with Allardyce as I can’t see any realistic option that will provide anything better. Who could we appoint who you would rather see in charge?
    The merry go round of managers many of them seriel failures is frightening, who would I want? To be honest I don’t know, Allardyce maybe the best of a bad bunch but surely there’s a young manager out there somewhere with new ideas and can get a tune out of our players, most of which are very decent Championship players

Clubs rarely take a punt on a relatively unknown. Not many Atkinsons around these days so clubs usually scour the foreign markets. Having said that how about Duff from Cheltenham? Im just not getting the vibe that Sam wants to stay.

Sam isn’t stupid, he must be doubtful of what the club’s intentions are, he will have the same misgivings about Lai that we have. We need to be rid of Lai & Co.

FOL

The merry go round of managers many of them seriel failures is frightening, who would I want? To be honest I don’t know, Allardyce maybe the best of a bad bunch but surely there’s a young manager out there somewhere with new ideas and can get a tune out of our players, most of which are very decent Championship players
    I think that’s it really, I would agree in the case of a Pardew / Pulis etc, Allardyce hasn’t failed anywhere other than England and that wasn’t anything to do with football, whatever happens we will find out soon enough who will be at the helm next season.

I just hope that whatever we do on the Manager front we do it quickly. Worst scenario would be to dither for a couple of months .... and end up with a third or fourth choice. If BS stays for me it will be a good sign .... as Al says all he cares about is money .... so he will only stay is he is backed financially and given a big bonus for promotion.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)