+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is / are our universe(s) a simulation?

I think, 6EQ, you have to provide an alternate explanation of wave/particle duality if you wish to refute the simulation hypothesis.

It's not enough to say "it could be the reason, but I don't think it is". You've strayed away from a logical line of thought, backed up by evidence, and taken a view which is purely one of faith and belief. You can't criticise things for being "not science" after presenting an argument yourself which isn't scientific.

It doesn't follow there would be more examples, the quantum evidence is fundamental to everything (all observable reality), how could you possibly have a larger smoking gun?

Anyway, I look forward to your alternate explanation.

"You've strayed away from a logical line of thought, backed up by evidence, and taken a view which is purely one of faith and belief".

Neither of us has an explanation for the wave / particle result. You ascribe it to us being in a simulation and press me to provide proof to the contrary. I do not believe that it is the case that you have provided anything remotely resembling proof that this result indicates that we are in a simulation. You have merely stated the exotic belief and stated that I should provide proof that it is not so. I am choosing the default plain ordinary doubt versus your belief in the exotic. The burden of proof is on the believer in the exotic. There is no such proof. There could be numerous explanations for the wave / particle result and we do not yet know them or indeed one explanation and we do not know it.

I feel that you believe the same as me but you see it as a challenge to put the exotic case. I do appreciate your interesting theory.

This is an enthralling topic but we have reached an impasse. Gainsaying each other would not be productive. We understand each other.

No. You're disappointing me.

I did not ask you for proof simulation theory was not evidenced by wave/particle duality.

I asked you to provide an alternate explanation.

You can't say "neither of us have an explanation for the wave/particle result" when I've provided an explanation already (which you admit you are unable to disprove).

I have not reached any impasse and am freely able to provide other explanations. Is it possible you, on the other hand, have reached the limit of your programming as an artificial construct and are unable to compute any further?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)