+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fans back in for final matches - 10000 for WBA

Fans back in for final matches - 10000 for WBA

Season ticket holders can put their names in the hat for a ticket. I Thought I would have a quick look to see if there was anything out there for any of the games - one site selling tickets for the Southampton game - Best Available Singles : Any Available Single Ticket. 150 quid. Not sure how genuine it is but someone is clearly making money if they are genuine.

Suspect anything in the prem offering tickets is a scam

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Suspect anything in the prem offering tickets is a scam
    If there are tickets then someone has probably taken a back hander.

Ticket demand scenario of fans and now stakeholders in the news again.

Watching many years of below standard football being played somewhat different to the stuff Leeds fans now have on the pitch we as fans had to come up with our own entertainment off the pitch and by doing so have created an entertaining spectacle that is passionate and loud but also hated yet also envied by supporters of opposing teams.This in turn has created a huge sense of belonging to the team that's deeper than loyalty.

To be part of the Leeds away following is a unique great day out whatever the result.A late Leeds winner against a rival or an important goal can put to shame any other teams fan celebration. I don’t believe there are many clubs in the world that would be able to celebrate like Leeds fans can celebrate.Every loyal fan I know wants to be there for that moment or moments like it.

Yep,there are a variety of factors that come into play that make Leeds United an attractive team for young fans nowadays looking for a PL team to support including the Leeds history,Bielsa and our now style of play.
    Yep,of course for many media companies that means lots of potential loot to be made.Leeds United is not only growing its fanbase at an astonishing rate but they are doing so by adding tens of thousands of individuals from the most coveted demographic group sports teams around the planet.Away day touts last season were always at grounds asking for spares to satisfy the buyers from all over paying over the odds.

My Dad showed me a report that the Center for Sports Analytics took after a deep dive into over 55,000 people that have started following Leeds United on social media since the beginning of the 2020/21 EPL season.The analysis shows football fans from around the globe are flocking to Leeds United via media and half of the new followers are under the age of 30 and 85% are male.This group is much younger, significantly larger in sheer numbers, and more global in scope than new fans picked up by other teams promoted to the EPL over the last few years.In addition to the UK the top places that Leeds are picking up new fans from include Nigeria, Argentina, Egypt, Chile, India, Kenya and South Africa.

Would I ever sell my tickets ?
    No - never ever !
    But folks cannot get enough of us regardless and some of those folks are stakeholders homing in on us for their own financial gain.My Mum is always been asked about the club she supports and any contacts she has leads to and not just about match tickets either.

Crazy just who does ask questions about the club nowadays.Actuaries use various programming languages to help organise and analyse data and my Dad used to create the coding data before jacking it in for a real life in France.
    He recently showed me some stuff regarding the rise of Leeds Utd that shows just how Actuaries of media companies are tapping into our club and the details that they delve into to make their loot on the back of it.The forensic science of how new supporters latch onto branding associated with our club is eye boggling - even have detailed figures on social accounts of followers over pages 75/181.

https://www.samford.edu/sports-analy...s-Analysis.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    Season ticket holders can put their names in the hat for a ticket. I Thought I would have a quick look to see if there was anything out there for any of the games - one site selling tickets for the Southampton game - Best Available Singles : Any Available Single Ticket. 150 quid. Not sure how genuine it is but someone is clearly making money if they are genuine.
    Tin hat time (maybe), but its clear that the whole fan base have been "disadvataged" by Covid restrictions. As far as possible (and assuming its true about fans being allowed back), the club should be aiming to provide as wide a spectrum of supporter the opportunity to be at the last match of what has been in anyone's view a remarkable season?

A ballot of ALL ST holders AND members (irrespective of classification) should be the way to go, reflecting that some members can't afford (or use to a sufficient extent) a season. Winning ballot holders would pay a flat fee for this last game. Used to be the case that attendance could be shown by programme vouchers and that would be even better, but that system is long gone.

I suspect no-one would decline, and any that do could nominate their ticket to charity.

Thoughts?

One of those Catch-22 situations.

I guess the fairest way might to do a random draw, but with the number of individual entries per person perhaps tied to the number of years they've held a season ticket (both the home and the away versions) or been a paid up member of some sort?

Tricky for the club - and you bet there'll be some scrotes trying it on once they get allocated a ticket.

Really hope my mate Neil (he has the ST next to me) gets a ticket. He's had almost perfect attendance home and away for the best part of thirty-five years.

If any on here do get to go, please watch the game and don't spend the entire time dicking about on your phones!

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    One of those Catch-22 situations.

I guess the fairest way might to do a random draw, but with the number of individual entries per person perhaps tied to the number of years they've held a season ticket (both the home and the away versions) or been a paid up member of some sort?

Tricky for the club - and you bet there'll be some scrotes trying it on once they get allocated a ticket.

Really hope my mate Neil (he has the ST next to me) gets a ticket. He's had almost perfect attendance home and away for the best part of thirty-five years.

If any on here do get to go, please watch the game and don't spend the entire time dicking about on your phones!
    One of my pet hates too Orgs. You have to wonder why some even bother going at times. ☹

At start of PL 2021 with Covid restrictions back in August Leeds United Trust was told the club would be looking to use a balloting system if fans were allowed back in at a 25% capacity stadium.That would mean that Season Ticket holders would be able to attend one in every four matches. Under those plans there would be NO sales to Members although that would change if Premier League regulations demanded as such.
    Although the numbers said to the trust were one in four Elland Road holds 36k which should allow 9k fans in attendance. Leeds have around 23k season ticket holders so in theory that back then would allow for one in three games. If the one in four was accurate then Leeds must be saving a lot of seats for either sponsors or corporate seating.

In fairness gotta spare a thought for all Elland Road stakeholders whether they be Fans/Supporters,Customers,Investors,the Suppliers and Vendors,Casual employees and the many varied local Communities welfare clubs that all have interests to.

Away from matchday I've been to a few ER Charity events with Mum and fans who work very hard bringing it all together for NO financial reward.With a tidy sum being lost to the club due to Covid restrictions for a venue that weekly caters for 3,200 hospitality guests who arrive via plane, train or car each week it must be tough for the hard working staff who cannot put a shift in presently for such ER events.

So a toughie decision of ticket allocations to be made for the the Club and its venue and all interested parties in the current situation.

My mate Neil did manage to get a ticket in the ballot (as did I - but I obviously can't get to the game, more's the pity).

Hopefully the weird seating arrangements work out - better to see a game than not?

Got mine, can’t wait

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)