[QUOTE=John2;39777455]It funny how we can see things in other countries but fail to recognise them of our own.

Your concern here seems to be that poor governance has led to India being the epicenter of a global pandemic.

Guess what, incompetence (late into lockdown compared to our European neighbours) led to Britain being the center of the pandemic at one point.

Yet inexplicably this country is so misinformed it seems to be voting for more of the same. We are on a terrifying downard spiral and people are just oblivious or in denial.

I'm a bit cynical of the motivations for international aid. Ironically I think a lot of the people who complain about it also love to boast of Britain's status on the global stage. I think if we cut off the aid to countries like India they might be quite suprised at the hit that to our influence and status.

A few years ago I spent a few months backpacking India and I went to Varanassi in Uttar Pradesh. Witnessing them burn the bodies on the riverbanks of the ganges is quite an extraordinary sight. You encounter families gathered around the bodies of their deceased loved ones in the narrow streets saying final farewells before their journey to the river. Such a radically different culture.[/ we are so misinformed we’re voting for more of the same? You’re not a labour mp are you?.