+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fao Roma

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Does it matter ? Rod is a Rotherham lad btw
    Yes it matters.
    And in a strange sort of way it relates to the proposals for European Super League.
    So what is Rods connection to Sheffield ?
    Last edited by Young_Nudger; 16-05-2021 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Yes i have always like Barnsley as a town and a club,it stems from meeting some gr8 blokes on the picket lines in the 1984 pit strike but i have to say i also like the Millers and when i'm not watching my BLADES i do like to go to watch Rovrum and have done since the late 1960's but i've no mixed loyalties when either club plays my Beloved BLADES as i'm sure ya can understand. I really hope you go up and stay up and perhaps we can have a Premier League South Yorks derby the season after next.UTB
    Thanks for that Rod , I don't see Hecky as your gaffer either for what it's worth .

It's a shame Wilder left because I feel he was the best man to take you back up but that's just my opinion matey .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Thanks for that Rod , I don't see Hecky as your gaffer either for what it's worth .

It's a shame Wilder left because I feel he was the best man to take you back up but that's just my opinion matey .
    I was and still am gutted Chris left Animal,yes we've had a horrendous season but in 20 odd years in management this is probably his first bad one.We beat Everton tonight and it was a typical Wilder type performance,no idea we're that sort of performance has been all season tho.I'd have Wilder back in a heartbeat but i don't think it will happen.UTB
    Last edited by rodcurrie; 16-05-2021 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Yes it matters.
    And in a strange sort of way it relates to the proposals for European Super League.
    So what is Rods connection to Sheffield ?
    How does me being born in Rovrum and supporting my beloved BLADES relate to the ESP? are you suggesting i'm a glory hunter?Not much point in followin any of the clubs round if i were. I've been a BLADE all my life,my MUM&DAD were from Sheffield and all my family are BLADES and my Dad once said to me as a 4 year old if you're not going to be a BLADE or UNITEDite as we were known back then you'll not get fed and i'm sure mi owd pal Roma would confirm given my waistline size i've not missed too many meals. UTB

I was and still am gutted Chris left Animal,yes we've had a horrendous season but in 20 odd years in management this is probably his first bad one.We beat Everton tonight and it was a typical Wilder type performance,no idea we're that sort of performance has been all season tho.I'd have Wilder back in a heartbeat but i don't think it will happen.UTB
    Rod , I think your club have badly missed the 12th man ..... the fans .

It's been a season like no other and unfortunately you've finished up the wrong side of it .

Somebody who comes in needs to lift you, this is massively important in my opinion to get that kind of manager .

You've some quality players at championship level .

The appointment of your new manager has to be right or otherwise it could be a tough season next time .

It could go two ways in my opinion Rod because as I say your squad is more than capable of bouncing back with the right man in the technical area .

Our HC would take you straight back , no problem at all .

Unfortunately you won't be getting him or maybe you will .

However I'll tell you now he'd be the cream of the crop in my opinion .

How does me being born in Rovrum and supporting my beloved BLADES relate to the ESP? are you suggesting i'm a glory hunter?Not much point in followin any of the clubs round if i were. I've been a BLADE all my life,my MUM&DAD were from Sheffield and all my family are BLADES and my Dad once said to me as a 4 year old if you're not going to be a BLADE or UNITEDite as we were known back then you'll not get fed and i'm sure mi owd pal Roma would confirm given my waistline size i've not missed too many meals. UTB
    No disrespect but Blades and glory hunter doesn't exactly work for me either Rod .

Your club is your club , once you walk through those turnstiles that's it , it's over , irrespective of where you are born then becomes irrelevant .

If my old man had taken me to Elland Road in 1967 god forbid instead of Oakwell then it's likely I'd be a Leeds fan .

Feckin hell .

All the best Roma, thinking of you.

No problem if yer family is from there.
    With regard to how this relates to European Super League.
    One of the main arguments about that league was that football belongs within the COMMUNITY.
    The success of the football club always benefiting the community.
    If you support a club where you have no family links to ...... you are supporting a community that isn’t your own.
    For example - if you have 2 kids and live in Barnsley but support Leeds United - and they do well - then £££millions of investment flows into Leeds City Centre (not Barnsley).
    Jobs for kids in Leeds ...... no jobs for your own kids in Barnsley.
    Yes - I do realise I’ve simplified things - but that is basically what the impact of football has on a town and its community.
    Last edited by Young_Nudger; 16-05-2021 at 10:00 PM.

One of the main arguments about that league was that football belongs within the COMMUNITY.
    If you support a club where you have no family links to ...... you are supporting a community that isn’t your own.
    For example - if you have 2 kids and live in Barnsley but support Leeds United - and they do well - then £££millions of investment flows into Leeds City Centre (not Barnsley).
    Yes - I do realise I’ve simplified things - but that is basically what the impact of football has on a town and its community.

“No problem if yer family from there”

So, explain this then.
    Huddersfield town were in the First division when I was first taken to Oakwell. Mi father took me there as Oakwell was a bit of a quieter place for a six year old and the lower West stand (Open end side) could be a place where a young lad could walk down to the front and sit in the wall....( at half time and before the match in full view of his dad and his mate)
    Dad wasn’t a Barnsley fan, he was from Huddersfield. No ties to the club, Mum was from Wombwell but didnt know what a football was back then. Dad took us all over watching the Reds, until he couldn’t sit in the seats and he had to give up.
    So he had really no affinity, nor loyalty to the Tarn. He died in October, his name in the Reds remembered list this year, A red from the day he first took me, till the end.

52 years later..... and a good many ****age beatings from the blue and white fans around where I live, I consider myself a Barnsley person, as well as a fan. I won’t hear bad words against the place, people or club......

Mrs Jules began following us a few years ago.... She feels the same, she actually MORE aggressive in her defence of Barnsley ( town, club and People than I am...... wierd is t it? ...... no family ties to the club only me.
    We feel part of the community, and even though we don’t live there we spend money in Barnsley, shop in Barnsley.

I’m insulted Nudge, I feel that Barnsley IS my community...... Sorry you want it to be a closed community.

Just a question.....

What’s your family background.....? 100% from within the town?

Just asking....

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    “No problem if yer family from there”

So, explain this then.
    Huddersfield town were in the First division when I was first taken to Oakwell. Mi father took me there as Oakwell was a bit of a quieter place for a six year old and the lower West stand (Open end side) could be a place where a young lad could walk down to the front and sit in the wall....( at half time and before the match in full view of his dad and his mate)
    Dad wasn’t a Barnsley fan, he was from Huddersfield. No ties to the club, Mum was from Wombwell but didnt know what a football was back then. Dad took us all over watching the Reds, until he couldn’t sit in the seats and he had to give up.
    So he had really no affinity, nor loyalty to the Tarn. He died in October, his name in the Reds remembered list this year, A red from the day he first took me, till the end.

52 years later..... and a good many ****age beatings from the blue and white fans around where I live, I consider myself a Barnsley person, as well as a fan. I won’t hear bad words against the place, people or club......

Mrs Jules began following us a few years ago.... She feels the same, she actually MORE aggressive in her defence of Barnsley ( town, club and People than I am...... wierd is t it? ...... no family ties to the club only me.
    We feel part of the community, and even though we don’t live there we spend money in Barnsley, shop in Barnsley.

I’m insulted Nudge, I feel that Barnsley IS my community...... Sorry you want it to be a closed community.

Just a question.....

What’s your family background.....? 100% from within the town?

Just asking....
    Great post Jules , the Barnsley family has many narratives .

Acido and Ponte Steve along with yourself weren't born in the borough , so fecking what ?

You are as passionate as the rest of us .

It's your club , end of conversation .

I've had a pint with a couple of Norwegians who passionately follow this club when they can in the Dove ,

Of all the clubs and they choose us , massive respect , some of us had no bstrd choice so even greater respect .

The first RL game I went to was at Wakefield Trinity in 1982 , I get along now and then but they are my RL club , because I walked through those turnstiles at Belle Vue so I get it .

I've no connection family wise with Wakefield what so ever other than it was a great night out back in the day .

We are all Barnsley , whether you go regularly or for what ever reason you don't , it doesn't matter .

It's your heart that judges this shyte .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast