+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Happy Gothenburg Day

Happy Gothenburg Day

How many years?
    Nah, surely not.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    How many years?
    Nah, surely not.
    The memories never fade though

Happy Gothenburg day abdy
    Does everyone else still get shivers when you see Hewitt's goal go in?

Quote Originally Posted by Br0chred View Post
    Happy Gothenburg day abdy
    Does everyone else still get shivers when you see Hewitt's goal go in?
    I still get the shivers when i see Salguero's free kick whistle past our post in the last minute of extra time - every time I see it I'm convinced it will end up in the bottom corner and we are heading for penalties!!

Jaysus, 38 years......
    Where's my life gone.......

For a local lad , born n bred Dandy ,to score the winner in a European final must've been something he could only have dreamed about.
    We speak about how we still feel , can you imagine what emotions Hewitt feels when he sees it ?

Top guy too.

It’s hard to believe that actually happened, but it did, as did the QF victory over Bayern. I remember watching the Bayern and Real highlights and the Hamburg Super Cup highlights, about 10 years ago with my boys, they must have been around 10 and 12, and they were absolutely gobsmacked. Great days. Will never happen again. Oh, but what great memories.

It can't be 38 years ago, there must be a mistake in the calendar.

Time, ladies and gentlemen, is a difficult concept to master. Like entropy it can only go in one direction but it appears that unlike the speed of light which is dependent on time it can go slower or faster. (Don't ask me, I hinna gotta clue!)

I'm just eternally (how does that fit into the time consideration?) grateful that the mighty managed to be the best in Europe in my lifetime and have managed to be the most successful Scottish team in Europe for a minimum, and likely longer, 38 years. 38 years, and likely longer, of serious jealousy and hurt for the uglies.

Pwoud, wery pwoud.

Come on ewe redz.

A star was born ( on the shirt)