+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 5 times fewer

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I'm sure he's tikety boo.

I like you, Mr sensible is coming round and half loaf really used to like you.

Anyway that's at least 3, what's no to like about someone whose as downright cantankerous (spelling nae idea) as me padantic about facts, gloomy about DFC and almost hates dabs as much as me......it's all good.

And Bcram likes ahh ****....it's just his way.
    The clique seems to have new members.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    The clique seems to have new members.
    😎

No been any black balling for a while.....apparently.....I'm gonna apply again.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I think you've misunderstood.

What's any hill at Pittodrie got to do with the discussion?
    The man being afraid of catching the flu, no someone you need beside you in a battle 😜

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I got the spelling right.😎

Higher English nae grammar or spelling skills whatsoever......a B as well.

Failed o grade maths twice and made a nice living oot o numbers and being able to haver......life's strange.

Last time I saw you I was in full blown moanathon mode after getting pumped from Mwell......enough to put any **** are their pint.😁
    Arithmetic is what got you through life

I stood my round that night, hope everyone else can say that, we’ll maybe have another pint

You don't apply a factor to explain a difference between known figures BCram. That would become a direct comparison. If I had the actual figures, and I could be bothered, I could calculate the error. In all honesty though I couldn't really be bothered.

I'm not sure I have many friends on here. One in particular that RRoS named, who's been very quiet (but that could be because I have him 'on ignore') really doesn't like me even though I have no idea who he is and we've never met. Can't think why he dislikes me so much and I genuinely hope he's OK and that RRoS hasn't driven him to an asylum or worse.
    If there is a difference between the actual deaths and the predicted deaths, surely the actions taken must play some part in explaining the difference. I wonder if the actual outcome had been the predicted outcome if we would have done all the stuff that we did? How many illnesses kill more people worldwide and we don't give it a second thought?

The figures and images from India are horrific. I think they provide a good example of what might have happened here if there had been no lockdown or the other preventative measures. Sweden, on the other hand, did not take such a drastic approach as we did and they seem to have a similar result as us.

I keep hoping that those who question the covid response in our country actually have a point because we can't go on shutting things down, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    Arithmetic is what got you through life

I stood my round that night, hope everyone else can say that, we’ll maybe have another pint
    No 'through it" yet......but hopefully make it to the end.....nobody has failed yet.😁

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    If there is a difference between the actual deaths and the predicted deaths, surely the actions taken must play some part in explaining the difference. I wonder if the actual outcome had been the predicted outcome if we would have done all the stuff that we did? How many illnesses kill more people worldwide and we don't give it a second thought?

The figures and images from India are horrific. I think they provide a good example of what might have happened here if there had been no lockdown or the other preventative measures. Sweden, on the other hand, did not take such a drastic approach as we did and they seem to have a similar result as us.

I keep hoping that those who question the covid response in our country actually have a point because we can't go on shutting things down, IMO.
    We will until opinion polls swing.

They will when there's no furlough.

India spend about 1,3% of GDP on health care......it's not a great comparison to here

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post

No disrespect to India but with an infection running rife globally and I had the choice between Scotland, Sweden and India to be living in I'd be donning either a Hoordy Goordy chef's hat or a Jimmy McJimmy one; I don't think I'd be taking my chances in India.

No disrespect to India but with an infection running rife globally and I had the choice between Scotland, Sweden and India to be living in I'd be donning either a Hoordy Goordy chef's hat or a Jimmy McJimmy one; I don't think I'd be taking my chances in India.
    We’ll never know which country it was best to be in. India looks like it’s having a hard time just now but statistically it’s performed far better than most even if you multiply the deaths by 4 as a factor of error.
    I felt from the start they were doing ok because over 45% of the population is under 19 and only 4% over 65 years old. You can’t die of Covid if already dead (except in UK reporting). They also have lots of other disease so immune systems strong in the living, a huge vegetarian population and a lot of natural vitamin D. Only about 1% of their population pay taxes though so things like the health service and sanitation are abysmal for the majority,
    I offered to send any protective equipment they needed for a factory I worked with a lot but they didn’t need it and had all necessary items. It will certainly not be the same outside factory gates.
    The relatively low death rates will cover the very high positive Covid rates there though and I’m astonished the UK government didn’t close the border to Indians until very recently. Internal research there shows about 40% transmission rates even in rural areas, suggesting upwards of 500 million Indians have or had Covid infection already. And we cheerfully continued to let them come here.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)