+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Smith to Boro

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    We need to insist on a 7 figure fer and presumably any sell on to Bury is waived as they dont exist anymore. Do they? 🤔

Time to be cheeky and ask for Wing on a season loan as part of the package. Well if you dont ask....
    Believe it or not I think bury fc are still a club/company…but obviously that’s just a technicality,I think that’s the word for it…

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Bannon signed a new contract at Wednesday's this season.
    Which means naff all apart from an increase in his transfer fee, unless as per Lol there's a relegation clause (as I suspect there is with Barlaser)

Quote Originally Posted by BramleyMiller58 View Post
    Which means naff all apart from an increase in his transfer fee, unless as per Lol there's a relegation clause (as I suspect there is with Barlaser)
    Anyone know if there is also a relegation clause for Harding? He's on quite big money for us and I'm thinking we may have put in a clause on this lowering in the event of relegation, in which case it may also be written that this would trigger him being able to leave for a fee?

Dunno about that bug good point pup. I hope not cos i think grow will be goid in league 1. I can't think that barlaser would come to us without a relegation clause. I hope he stays as well but I am resigned to losing him.

For grow read harding!

£5M for Smith ?....really ??

If and it's a big IF we got offered £2M plus add-ons then take it.

Crooks and Barlaser looked like Championship players at times, Smith didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Crooks and Barlaser looked like Championship players at times, Smith didn't.
    I think that’s the trouble, at times. We dragged Barlaser down to our level.

Smith will look like a championship player if he was to be used as a striker and not striker/winger/midfielder/defender at the same time

I don’t think he could’ve gave us anymore energy

Definitely needs and deserves his rest

There’s always better out there but it’s getting them here without breaking bank

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    £5M for Smith ?....really ??

If and it's a big IF we got offered £2M plus add-ons then take it.
    You can bet if Boro get him for £1.5 Million with add ons, his price rockets to £4 million overnight because, other clubs no how to sell a player whereas we don't.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast