+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sacked.!

Sacked.!

Keith Hill has been sacked over at Tranmere despite getting them into the playoffs...

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Keith Hill has been sacked over at Tranmere despite getting them into the playoffs...
    Indeed. It was suggested on the other thread when the news broke this morning that this might make it easier for Notts to secure Mark Ellis as a permanent signing. Fingers crossed!

I can't see that being the case at all. I was reading the Tranmere forum the other day and their fans seem to think that the only reason Ellis was sent out on loan was because of some animosity between him and Hill going back a few years. I'd have thought that a new manager would want to assess his squad and give all of them a clean slate.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Indeed. It was suggested on the other thread when the news broke this morning that this might make it easier for Notts to secure Mark Ellis as a permanent signing. Fingers crossed!
    Might not as well.
    New manager will want all his players, plus Ellis was sent out to get fit after injury, maybe he is out of contract in the Summer?

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I didn't know it had been posted elsewhere..
    Fingers crossed it does make it easier to sign him.

I hope they go up through the play-offs, I think that may make it easier to sign him. According to Wiki he is on a one year contract.

He seems to like it here - would be a great signing if we got him. Interesting what the reaction would be though if we hadn't had him and it was reported that we are to sign a 32 year old centre-back!

It's not difficult to imagine a couple of the comments following the signing of an unseen 32 year old centre back#usualsuspects

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Might not as well.
    New manager will want all his players, plus Ellis was sent out to get fit after injury, maybe he is out of contract in the Summer?
    Looks like Ellis is out of contract in Aug 2021.

On 21 May 2018 Ellis signed a two-year deal for newly promoted Tranmere after electing not to resign with Carlisle.[19] Ellis ruptured his ACL in April 2019,[20] making his return ten months later in a Cheshire Cup fixture against Crewe Alexandra.[21] He signed a further one-year deal ahead of the 2020-21 season. [22] On 8 March 2021, Ellis joined National League side Notts County on loan for the remainder of the 2020-21 season.[23]

https://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/new...one-year-deal/

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    I hope they go up through the play-offs, I think that may make it easier to sign him. According to Wiki he is on a one year contract.

He seems to like it here - would be a great signing if we got him. Interesting what the reaction would be though if we hadn't had him and it was reported that we are to sign a 32 year old centre-back!
    A 32 yr old defender is a bit different to a couple of38? yr old in midfielders who are expected to cover the pitch. I'd say 32 is not classed as old as it used to be now a day, with all the carbs & everything they eat & train

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Looks like Ellis is out of contract in Aug 2021.

On 21 May 2018 Ellis signed a two-year deal for newly promoted Tranmere after electing not to resign with Carlisle.[19] Ellis ruptured his ACL in April 2019,[20] making his return ten months later in a Cheshire Cup fixture against Crewe Alexandra.[21] He signed a further one-year deal ahead of the 2020-21 season. [22] On 8 March 2021, Ellis joined National League side Notts County on loan for the remainder of the 2020-21 season.[23]

https://www.tranmererovers.co.uk/new...one-year-deal/
    Snap him up, does the job & scores a few, something we have lacked in recent times

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast