+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jimmy Knowles retained by Stags.

Jimmy Knowles retained by Stags.

Seems that Mansfailed have exercised their extra year option on JK so he will be back at Failed Mill next season as expected.
    TBH, not too disappointed about this. Has been good occasionally, great a few times and the rest...ready to be subbed off.
    Not his fault, but our weakest issue of the season has been the consistency up front.
    If nothing else, this means a new striker is even more likely now.

https://www.mansfieldtown.net/news/2...retained-list/
    Last edited by hissingdwarf; 11-05-2021 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Forgot the link !

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    Seems that Mansfailed have exercised their extra year option on JK so he will be back at Failed Mill next season as expected.
    TBH, not too disappointed about this. Has been good occasionally, great a few times and the rest...ready to be subbed off.
    Not his fault, but our weakest issue of the season has been the consistency up front.
    If nothing else, this means a new striker is even more likely now.

The lad needs a bit more time to mature and learn the game ATM.

He's alright. Needs to beef up a bit though. Wouldn't be disappointed if we never saw him again

He's been a rollercoaster on here. Undroppable at times, demanded by fans to play at others both due to an impressive goals per game/minutes ratio and an obvious strikers appetite for goals. But scratch beneath the surface stats and as mentioned he's a little too raw and undeveloped , a lot too lightweight and needs more time to work on key aspects for a forward other than finishing.

No complaints came in with very little fanfare but as outperformed this easily and contributed this season but overall a season or two too early IMO.

He and Sam fall into a similar category for me.

He’s done alright. I don’t know on what planet anyone thought he was a replacement for Kristian Dennis though.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    He’s done alright. I don’t know on what planet anyone thought he was a replacement for Kristian Dennis though.
    Who the hell thought that?! Someone on here cos I very much doubt the manager saw it as a direct replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Who the hell thought that?! Someone on here cos I very much doubt the manager saw it as a direct replacement.
    Who was supposed to be replacing Dennis then?

I imagine the manager thought between Wootton, Thomas, Roberts, Knowles, Sam and Rodders we would have enough goals to replace Dennis. Which looking at that list has merit.

Naturally that decision was taken before Thomas' unexpected departure and Roberts' unfortunate (almost) season long injury.

Did anyone on here seriously see a ****age loan player from Mansfailed as a replacement for Dennis?

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    I imagine the manager thought between Wootton, Thomas, Roberts, Knowles, Sam and Rodders we would have enough goals to replace Dennis.
    I don’t know, but if he did he thought wrongly, certainly under his management anyway.

Striker wise, it was insane to go into the season with Wootton, Sam, Thomas and Knowles. If Ardley didn’t think he needed a direct replacement for Dennis, that’s probably one of the reasons he’s not manager anymore.

No one. Dennis was a proven goalscorer in the league above who we paid a good fee (and presumably some of the division’s highest wages) for that we were mostly using as a substitute. Let’s be honest, he was only here last season because we couldn’t shift him the summer we got relegated.

Basically... try replacing that lol. Said it before but the big loss of Dennis’ time at Notts isn’t that he eventually left, but that for most of Ardley’s time in charge he was either on loan at Grimsby or on the bench.

We clearly realised we couldn’t replace him in a single player and tried to do so by diversifying a bit and bringing in Knowles, Sam and Rodrigues. Between them they probably have replaced his goals tbf, but obviously we couldn’t legislate for also losing Thomas in mysterious circumstances.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast