+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T Trouble at the Holiday Inn Express Wath-on-Dearne Today.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    I worked there 19 years at Manvers Coal Preperation Plant, working on Loading shovels
    & Dumpers, taking the coal waste & tailings to the slurry ponds, across the Bolton road
    near TC Cooks car stock in field, over river Dearne to the ponds & slag heaps.
    DC Cooks was where the Asda is I think, but it may have moved there from somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    DC Cooks was where the Asda is I think, but it may have moved there from somewhere else.
    With the changes in Wath over the years I'd lost my bearing of what was where. Took a look on Google and wasn't DC Cook where Tesco's Petrol Station is now? There also used to be a railway yard in Wath down the road leading to the cricket/rugby clubs but no sign of that or railway lines any more. It was an electrified line (maybe even the terminus of the line) so not the same one that ran through Manvers on the Rotherham-Leeds line.

Wikipedia is my friend

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wath_TMD

https://web.archive.org/web/20071025...Source=sitemap
    Last edited by CAMiller; 11-05-2021 at 05:25 PM.

It's one of our sponsors, Mears, who have the contract for housing asylum seekers in the North of England.
    But they don’t own the hotel

Local businesses have been plagued by incidents caused by asylum seekers, the local Tesco has a list of people barred from the store

There was one incident where a guy was caught trying to walk out of the local library with a pc monitor under his arm from the local studies centre.

send the lot back.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    But they don’t own the hotel
    They paid them to house the asylum seekers there.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    With the changes in Wath over the years I'd lost my bearing of what was where. Took a look on Google and wasn't DC Cook where Tesco's Petrol Station is now? There also used to be a railway yard in Wath down the road leading to the cricket/rugby clubs but no sign of that or railway lines any more. It was an electrified line (maybe even the terminus of the line) so not the same one that ran through Manvers on the Rotherham-Leeds line.

Wikipedia is my friend

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wath_TMD

https://web.archive.org/web/20071025...Source=sitemap
    You used to be able to see the railway line from one of the bridges near there.

There was a big vridge where the rugby/ cricket ground was I seem to remember.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    send the lot back.
    We near to send someone over to Calais to tell them how if they stay in France they can get a doctor's appointment the same day whereas in the UK it's a two-week wait to get a phone call from a nurse practioner.

We near to send someone over to Calais to tell them how if they stay in France they can get a doctor's appointment the same day whereas in the UK it's a two-week wait to get a phone call from a nurse practioner.
    what is That, Any punctuation or something ? makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    what is That, Any punctuation or something ? makes no sense.
    It should say "need" and not "near", and you're one to talk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast