+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The art of Diving....

The art of Diving....

Well we can see clearly from Sundays game that we as a team have just not graspd the art of cheating, I mean Diving!
    Ollie is made an example of and Pogba gets a well done from his manager, Smith just complains. But we have our own genious of the dying swan, its just that he dies not do enough inside the box. If I was a coach at VP, I would say to the team, give Jack the ball and get him in the box, if he was half as successful as penchester united, we would get 10 pens a season! Traore, always on his arse, do it in the box mate, just watch Master Pog..lets be honest, there not fouls are they, its cheating, diving or 'Winning a Penalty' who else......Stirling, Kane, SkippyFernando, Bamford???
    We have to keep up with the times and start 'Winning' pens or just cheat but convincingly!

There are those, who may suggest, that our Skipper is a master at this sort of thing. SJM, with his ar5e shuffle, wins his fair share. Matty Targett loves grass so much, he's always rolling around in it. Traore and AEG, say no more.

All teams have their ballet dancers Dave, and we're no exception.

Unfortunately, refs only feel obliged to reward certain teams/players, if you know what I mean.

Totally agree, My point is that we start doing the dying fly in the box.
    SJM was pollaxed in the middle by Mac somebody on Sunday, I was screaming, foul ref come on, Poggy gets a nudge and its a triple selco! The ref was pointing to the spot before he actually fell / Dived.

I find it outrageous that grown men will dive and pretend to be injured. I played rugby for 35 years and would never let the opposition know they'd hurt me. I tried to carry on playing with a broken ankle and finished the game in which I crushed a disc in my neck. It never entered my mind in all that time to pretend to be injured. The ethos of football is all wrong.

It's the only part of football (?) I detest and even cringe when Jack does it. It's cheating plain and simple. That some teams seem to have adopted 'winning' penalties as a team strategy makes it even more farcical. Would like to see it stamped out of the game.

Was it like this in the old days? Were players diving in the 70's and 80's?

Quote Originally Posted by trianondave View Post
    doing the dying fly in the box. / dived.
    Last edited by ozfan; 12-05-2021 at 11:04 AM. Reason: sucky HTML

If refs ignored the 1st and 2nd incidents of blatant diving in games it would I think solve most of the problem, I'll never be able to condone diving just to even things up with the likes of Pogba who is a pr1ck of the highest order. Didn't so much as nod when he hacked down one of ours who'd just taken the ball off his toes.

The officials at Stockley Park need to take a hard look at themselves, their inconsistency is appalling.

Talk sport had a good slot about the diving, Handball and VAR and basically the main point was the guys running the decisions have never played the game, its a closed shop and compared with Europe, are making a right pigs ear of it.....it has to change or the game is dead!

Makes you laugh when apparently the most ‘fouled ahem’ player in the prem is greasy jack

And your moaning about diving 🤣🤣🤣 you couldn’t make it up 🙄

If you read Ozfan's post he states he detests when Jack does it, none of us have challenged it - jog on mate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)