+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Derby County Lose Another Appeal - Against Ex-player Richard Keogh

Maybe Lawrence and bennet had better financial value than their ageing club captain. Maybe that’s why only one of them was sacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    Maybe Lawrence and bennet had better financial value than their ageing club captain. Maybe that’s why only one of them was sacked.
    Yes I think that's a reasonable assumption. Didn't work out well though did it? 🙂

If they had all been sacked I think it would have stood. It was during the season, the club had provided transport which the chose to ignore. All irresponsible behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    If they had all been sacked I think it would have stood. It was during the season, the club had provided transport which the chose to ignore. All irresponsible behaviour.
    Possibly, but what would the grounds for dismissal have been that could have withstood a legal challenge?

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    Yes and also maybe they thought that might have been a good time and excuse to get rid of the contract of the ageing captain and save some money…whatever his contract length, I bet it wasn’t the amount of compo they’ve had to pay now…

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Arguably Keogh was no more guilty than the others and certainly less so than the drunk driver but Derby wanted to make an example of him because he was club captain.
    Whereas that may be understandable from a moral perspective it was unlikely to stand up if challenged in law and they really should have known that.
    This has gone drastically wrong for them and they now have another financial burden round their neck due to their own incompetence.
    I had to laugh at the last line of Mellowmillers.
    " This has gone drastically wrong for them, & they now have another financial burden round their neck due to
    their own incompetence ".
    Brings to mind, a certain Dexter Blackstock & the Millers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    I had to laugh at the last line of Mellowmillers.
    " This has gone drastically wrong for them, & they now have another financial burden round their neck due to
    their own incompetence ".
    Brings to mind, a certain Dexter Blackstock & the Millers.
    Can't argue with that Ericslad 😀

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12