+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Diange

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP67 is back! View Post
    We have to be realistic here, we won’t be able to compete to get a truly finished article, for me Diagne has a long way to go on that score, however he has enough quality and with more work from the coaches will only get better, he would be a beast in the Championship and would do for me.
    I do tend to agree with this post. While Diagne has missed some very good chances I think that he could be an asset to us in Championship as by definition, the defenders won't be as good in the second tier. Whether he will want to stay is another matter. Having said this, if I had to choose one of the loanees to stay it would be Yukuslo.

Rondon, twice the player Diange is, Rondon would have scored more goals for us if he hadn’t got to communicate by semaphore to his nearest teammates under that dinosaur Pulis

Rondon was garbage.......end of!

For me - I would rather have Rondon than Diagne. I know a lot of Newcastle Supporters and son was at Newcastle Uni and they really rated Rondon - far more than Dwight Gayle who they said was a championship player. To be fair Rondon never got half as many clear cut chances as Diagne playing with us!

I would take Dwight Gayle even this coming season ( if no injury concerns ) over Diagne.

Many said Chris Wood was rubbish but would drive him back to us at a heartbeat!

Talking of rubbish - Zohore - Kanu and Austin must be in this bracket for even top championship!
    Last edited by baggieal; 12-05-2021 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    ....Many said Chris Wood was rubbish.....
    Quite a few of us wanted to keep him. The club wanted to keep him too which is why they offered him improved terms and a longer contract with a view to developing him with further loans.

He rejected the new terms because he didn't want to keep going out on loan so he was sold when a bid came in. It took him years to become the player he is now so fair play to the lad for backing himself.

I don't remember anyone saying he was rubbish. Not ready at the time perhaps but most certainly not rubbish. Unless it was you of course 😊 .

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Quite a few of us wanted to keep him. The club wanted to keep him too which is why they offered him improved terms and a longer contract with a view to developing him with further loans.

He rejected the new terms because he didn't want to keep going out on loan so he was sold when a bid came in. It took him years to become the player he is now so fair play to the lad for backing himself.

I don't remember anyone saying he was rubbish. Not ready at the time perhaps but most certainly not rubbish. Unless it was you of course 😊 .
    Chris Wood was better than any forward we’ve signed since we let Woody go apart from Lukaku on loan.

Wood was a centre forward with a brain and great positional sense.

A very big loss to us, our worst striker error since Steve Bull was allowed to go after scoring 3 in 5 games all those years ago.

Tell Al', he's the one who reckons 'many of us said Chris Wood was rubbish' 😊 .

Tell Al', he's the one who reckons 'many of us said Chris Wood was rubbish' 😊 .

Not me! You have to be careful what you wish for! Was Chris Wood better than Rondon or Gayle when at West Brom - not for me! Is he better than Rondon or Gayle since plying his trade elsewhere - Yes!

Let’s face it at West Brom Rondon received very little service and the majority of the Newcastle fans can’t be wrong in that they rated him - far higher than Gayle who did a great job for us.

Funny old game! Will Kanu or Zohore play like Kane if they go elsewhere😂. I would give a thousand pounds to the Dogs Home if they do!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Not me! You have to be careful what you wish for! Was Chris Wood better than Rondon or Gayle when at West Brom - not for me! Is he better than Rondon or Gayle since plying his trade elsewhere - Yes!

Let’s face it at West Brom Rondon received very little service and the majority of the Newcastle fans can’t be wrong in that they rated him - far higher than Gayle who did a great job for us.

Funny old game! Will Kanu or Zohore play like Kane if they go elsewhere😂. I would give a thousand pounds to the Dogs Home if they do!
    This has got guilty party written all over it Al' 😊 .

This has got guilty party written all over it Al' 😊 .
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)