+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Maidenhead Utd. 11.05.21 [NL]

At what point do I need to start thinking about where I will be sat at the King Power stadium (probable stadium to host this seasons playoff final)?

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    At what point do I need to start thinking about where I will be sat at the King Power stadium (probable stadium to host this seasons playoff final)?
    Is it? I assume because of the Euros and late end to this season? Makes my post on another thread about train ride home from Wembley look a bit uniformed.

PS - and no definitely not time to start thinking or saying that.
    Last edited by CamPie; 12-05-2021 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    Is it? I assume because of the Euros and late end to this season? Makes my post on another thread about train ride home from Wembley look a bit uniformed.

PS - and no definitely not time to start thinking or saying that.
    Nothing had been confirmed either way. I read an article where the King Power Stadium have put themselves forward as a host.
    You are right it is the Euros, England have a game either side of the finals proposed date.
    The good news is that if the Govt. sticks to its timeline it could be 100% capacity. Now I know it’s only the National League but I honestly think as the first domestic game to allow a full capacity the attendance will be higher than normal as a lot of people are itching to see live footy.
    Fingers crossed we continue in this upward curve of form and results

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Don't worry about it - it was a left field appointment at a strange time in the season, plus a lot of people (including local media) were trying to foment bad feelings about IB.

One thing I would challenge though is the statement that performances were getting worse and worse. I'd agree that the results were getting worse and worse, but even when we were going through the very dodgy spell, performances were actually pretty good in that we were creating way more chances than before.

Away to Solihull we should've put the game to bed in the first half with all the chances we created in the first half, but ended up losing. We were 2-0 up and playing well to top of the league Torquay, and somehow only drew. We created enough chances against Eastleigh away to win two games, but ended up losing.

There have been some shocking performances too (Hartlepool, Eastleigh at home, Altrincham) but generally speaking there's no comparison to what we saw before. The players seem to have an extra yard in their legs, the movement off the ball has improved massively, the intensity in and out of possession is unrecognisable from what we saw in the two years previous. I don't know if we'll get promoted this year or not, but I'm feeling positive about the future whatever happens.
    Like all of us, I'm delighted we're back in the play-off mix and the recent games have seen a big upturn in results, performance and overall approach.

IB deserves a 'reset' with Ross going and Doyle in, and the benefit of the doubt over the team selection/tactics in that run of defeats. I'm going to hold back though on being 100% convinced we're on the right track now.

Where did Ardley leave us, 5th? So for IB's short-term targets, I'd say it was
    1st - Never achievable at that point (manager switch), neither with NA or IB
    2nd/3rd - Would've been a great achievement
    4th/5th - Fine, given the dodgy performances for most of the season
    6th/7th - OK, as long as we give it a go in the play-off game
    Out of play-offs - Massive disappointment

Convincing wins against Barnet/M'head are great for the confidence, but neither team had much to play for and it showed (I don't think M'head themselves thought they were in with a chance of the play-offs)

The next game is against a team just 1pt behind us and given the standings, it's almost like a FA Cup tie (with the get out that we'd get a chance to beat them if they beat us).
    It was great to see the likes of O'Brien and Miller bombing forward from their positions (Reeves seems to be more comfortable in a holding position), but I'll be interested to see if we go into Saturday's home team with exactly the same side. Hope not, because I don't think it has enough to take the game to the opposition. And the performance in the Bromley game will tell us more about where we stand than the last two put together.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Can we have a new train driver please , chooo chooo !
    If I'm not mistaken(and I'm not) you were in the camp of retaining Hardly for the rest of the season and couldn't understand why the owners had made a change at the time they did.
    yes you have supported IB, but you have also publicly stated since he has been the incumbent that you would have kept Hardly until the end of the season.
    choooooo chooooooo ,
    Oh Pedro this is so disappointing to read. I made it very clear that I believed Ardley should get till the end of the season, I wasn't alone in this opinion. You critisiced me for this view.

Then when the announcement was made regarding Ardley's sacking and Burchnall appointment I again stated that I thought Ardley should get till end of season to get promotion or get sacked but fully understood their decision to change manager as they had valid reasons to change as has been discussed on here lots. As many have suggested it probably had a lot more to do with IBs availability than NAs record as to the surprising timing. Again you criticised my view.

Then on the 25th March 2021 , the very day the new manager was introduced to the fans, when crazy talk was incredibly already flying around concerning his lack of a playing career, his age, his lack of knowledge it experience in this country, his managerial record at his Scandinavian clubs I pushed all my chips in and created the Burchnall Bandwagon and have since invited others to join multiple times.

There have been plenty who have supported this gamble from day one and liked what they've seen in interviews and the pitch including some surprising names. They too are sat on the Burchnall Bandwagon and have gone "all in" with their full support.

Yes it's brave, yes it's most likely foolish with Notts managerial records in the past but it's dull and no fun to sit on the face and to take the sensible wait and see approach before complimenting or criticism him. Taking credit if he does well, taking shots if he doesn't and of course rewriting history.

I could dig out the original post , the first mention of the Bandwagon if you want but it's there for all to see. It's in the history books, it's as you say 'fact'.

Sorry Pedro but I'm sat front and centre of the Bandwagon and expect to pelted by tomatoes, eggs and all sorts of cr@p when we lose our next game or are losing 1-1 after 20 mins that come with it but that's fine with me. If he fails, he fails.

If you don't want to join the IB Bandwagon then that's obviously fine that's your choice but there is really no need to start all this rubbish up again. You really do yourself no favours when you concentrate all your attention and angst on one person. As Driller says funny flippant Pedro can be entertaining, intense obsessed unraveling Pedro can be painful to watch.

Today should be about celebrating the win last night and importantly another impressive improved performance under our new manager rather than instigating petty personal arguments. If you wish to do that then please use the dedicated Handbags thread

It will probably fail because we are Notts County FC after all but I'm "all in baby"

Everyone jumped on IB's back straight away before he'd even had a weeks worth of training sessions. All it needed was people to calm down. Ardley had nearly 3 seasons, IB had 3 weeks with 2 games a week and people were calling him Fullerton. Just insulting. He's turning us round now as I knew he would, Ardley was the problem and his negative, safety first tactics holding us back and making the players play like slow robots. I've said from day one we should be blowing this league away with more 3 and 4 goal winning margins, now it seems we have the right coach in place. I'm on the Burchnall bandwagon chooooooo chooooooo!

So true CF , the timescale involved to be receiving such harsh criticism was indeed insulting and laughable.

No longer does he have one of the he worst starts as a Notts manager.

No longer should he be referred to as Fullarton MKII

No longer will people propose Michael Doyle as manager instead till the end of the season.

No longer has IB been "abysmal so far".

It sure has been quite the Bonnie Tyler under Burchnall in recent weeks not just the last 3 games.

Welcome aboard, delighted you are sat right alongside me and others. Choooo choooo

Ex Player Don O'Riordan called for a clean sheet and a victory at Maidenhead and he got his wish after nearly managing it at The Hive on Saturday.

Bromley will be another good barometer game and based on league table and form it clearly won't be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Oh Pedro this is so disappointing to read. I made it very clear that I believed Ardley should get till the end of the season, I wasn't alone in this opinion. You critisiced me for this view.

Then when the announcement was made regarding Ardley's sacking and Burchnall appointment I again stated that I thought Ardley should get till end of season to get promotion or get sacked but fully understood their decision to change manager as they had valid reasons to change as has been discussed on here lots. As many have suggested it probably had a lot more to do with IBs availability than NAs record as to the surprising timing. Again you criticised my view.

Then on the 25th March 2021 , the very day the new manager was introduced to the fans, when crazy talk was incredibly already flying around concerning his lack of a playing career, his age, his lack of knowledge it experience in this country, his managerial record at his Scandinavian clubs I pushed all my chips in and created the Burchnall Bandwagon and have since invited others to join multiple times.

There have been plenty who have supported this gamble from day one and liked what they've seen in interviews and the pitch including some surprising names. They too are sat on the Burchnall Bandwagon and have gone "all in" with their full support.

Yes it's brave, yes it's most likely foolish with Notts managerial records in the past but it's dull and no fun to sit on the face and to take the sensible wait and see approach before complimenting or criticism him. Taking credit if he does well, taking shots if he doesn't and of course rewriting history.

I could dig out the original post , the first mention of the Bandwagon if you want but it's there for all to see. It's in the history books, it's as you say 'fact'.

Sorry Pedro but I'm sat front and centre of the Bandwagon and expect to pelted by tomatoes, eggs and all sorts of cr@p when we lose our next game or are losing 1-1 after 20 mins that come with it but that's fine with me. If he fails, he fails.

If you don't want to join the IB Bandwagon then that's obviously fine that's your choice but there is really no need to start all this rubbish up again. You really do yourself no favours when you concentrate all your attention and angst on one person. As Driller says funny flippant Pedro can be entertaining, intense obsessed unraveling Pedro can be painful to watch.

Today should be about celebrating the win last night and importantly another impressive improved performance under our new manager rather than instigating petty personal arguments. If you wish to do that then please use the dedicated Handbags thread

It will probably fail because we are Notts County FC after all but I'm "all in baby"
    Pedro - ok this is the acid test! Deep breath, count to ten, and don't fall for it!

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    I'm only pointing out a fact , I really don't know what is wrong with that ,or do you disagree with what I have written?.
    If Saddo (sorry Laddo in the spirit of a winning run) comes on calling me a liar I will only post his quotes about it , so even he would have to agree with me.
    I really don't see why you have to defend him every time he gets criticised and the critism is truth not made up stuff. Are you his love child or something ?
    if you are offended why don't you just ignore it and don't even bother to comment it really is that easy.
    chooo chooo says Thomas
    But you keep going on and on about it when No one could give a toss.
    I am not defending anyone but can't you see how boring you are bringing up your hatred of him all the time.
    Then he replies with almost a novel of contradiction and so it goes on.
    Last edited by i961pie; 12-05-2021 at 08:05 AM.

Most of us thought Ardley's sacking came at a strange time and most expected him to be given till season's end. Even those of us who weren't particularly keen on his 'achievements' as manager.

Most were very worried by the start that Burch made. Why wouldn't we be? I don't remember too many, if at all, anyone, calling for him to be sacked. But if they did, it's understandable-ish.

Everyone is happy now with the progress we seem to have made, lets hope we can keep it going.

If by some miracle we get to the P/O's and actually win the bl00dy thing, Ardley will deserve some of the credit as well. He did manage us for the majority of the season and ob a lot of the points that got us there were gained on his watch. Even if, like me, you give it begrudgingly, he will still deserve some.

Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast