+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Who's deleting my threads?

Who's deleting my threads?

Whoever it is post on this thread, don't be a coward

If you've got a problem come and sort it like a man eh

Happy to repeat here, I didn’t like the tone of it and I’m Mike Deane round here. The last few folk who’ve received sanctions have ‘taken it like a man’, question is, will you?

DCFCA. Andy is the moderator of this forum. I used to moderate a different one. Some posts had to be removed for no other reason than their content could lead to the target of the comments suing the forum and me being personally liable for a) allowing it to be posted and b) not removing it.

Depending on the amount of libel in the comment any court awarded damages could run into millions. No way was I prepared to be made bankrupt so that some lowlife could, believeng he/she was anonymous, say harmful, untrue things about someone.

I have no idea what you wrote but I stand behind Andy if the content put him and/or the forum in jeopardy.

Your posts might lead to serious consequences for Andy and FootyMad. Can you blame them for looking after themselves.

If I ws a Mod on this forum I would have deleted quite a few of your posts out of pure self preservation. I would have also told you exactly why I had done so. I would further expect you to accept the decision. No way in hell would I allow posts that might lead to me having to sell my house to pay damages in a libel suit that YOU caused. There is another thing, using your IP, the courts could get your internet provider to give up your name and address and you too would end up in a libel suit and lose everything you have..... those are the possible consequences of some of the things you post. Remember, that next knock on your door might be someone serving you a libel writ............. Rather than lambasting Andy, getting angry with him and basically daring him to meet face to face to "sort it out" (aka threatening violence), don't you think you should be thanking him for having your back?

Fact - you cannot post wild accusations on here and expect that noone else could get hammered for them. They can and it has happened on fora.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)