+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumours

Well the play off finals start tomorrow. Who do people want to win for me its:
    Brentford to beat Swansea - Brentford haven't won a play off final yet (😁&#128519 and would be a new team for the get rich club of the premiership.
    Lincoln to beat Blackpool, although I don't really mind who wins. Blackpool as opposed to Brentford above have the best record in the playoffs. Also we took 2 points from them in 2 games as opposed to 0 in 3 from Lincoln.
    Morecambe to beat Newport. First time that Morecambe could get into the 3rd division.

Although Newport would be a new ground.

Wrong thread sorry.

Ryan Wintlere

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    Nope not surprised, but really useful squad member - and if he can help to coach one of young strikers also then overall a really smart move for all concerned.

Doubt he will have many starts, but good option on the bench to change tactics, team formation etc ...
    Reading the OS it certainly looks like Ryan Wintle is on his way dissapointing to lose him and also for zero transfer fee, but the next club he goes to will be getting a very competent player. Do we think Josh Lundstrum will fill the void left by Wintle’s departure ?

He did a cameo in that role in the final game of the season so maybe that's the intention. Obviously it will take him a while to settle in but he seems to be a prospect.

All quiet on the rumours front though (Apart from Wintle possibly going to Cardiff, but I'm more interested in incoming movement)

Transfer Rumour

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    He did a cameo in that role in the final game of the season so maybe that's the intention. Obviously it will take him a while to settle in but he seems to be a prospect.

All quiet on the rumours front though (Apart from Wintle possibly going to Cardiff, but I'm more interested in incoming movement)
    I have heard that we are interested in Wimbledon striker Joe Piggot who is looking for a new challenge certainly knows where the onion bag is and should be within our wage structure.

That would be interesting!

Still rumours around about Dale. Reports suggest that Ipswich and Sunderland may be put off by the asking price, leaving the way open for Championship teams (Preston and Blackburn). Glad the Alex are asking a price to make clubs like Ipswich and Sunderland think twice. However, surely OD has more ambition than to be even considering teams from the same division.
    Hope the Alex are offering him a further extension as we speak.

Perth Glory midfielder Brandon Wilson is rumoured to be an interest for the Alex. He is 24 and is out of contract at the Australian club. Although born in Botswana, he holds a British passport and so immigration will not play any part in his transfer. His only contact with English football is as a failed Burnley academy graduate and a loan spell with Stockport 4 years ago (National League North). He seems to have the build of your average Alex academy midfield player and we seem to have plenty of those. Burton and Portsmouth are apparently also interested.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Perth Glory midfielder Brandon Wilson is rumoured to be an interest for the Alex. He is 24 and is out of contract at the Australian club. Although born in Botswana, he holds a British passport and so immigration will not play any part in his transfer. His only contact with English football is as a failed Burnley academy graduate and a loan spell with Stockport 4 years ago (National League North). He seems to have the build of your average Alex academy midfield player and we seem to have plenty of those. Burton and Portsmouth are apparently also interested.
    I hope we don’t pursue any interest in Brandon Wilson a very poor acquisition he would be we need players with experience in Uk football. This would be a massive backward step and would show a huge lack of ambition.

So..being linked to a striker from Warrington Rylands. 24 year old, scored a hat trick in their FA Vase final. They are in NW Counties Premier so a jump of 5 or 6 tiers. I assume he's a plan for the future. Apparently Vale and Accrington are chasing as well. If he wants to develop, I know which I'd choose!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast