+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Rumours

According to 'Football Insider', a Championship club has formally tabled an offer of £500,000 for Owen Dale.
    What's that saying, "it never rains but it pours"?
    So a possible 2.2 million income since Christmas?

Charlie definitely gone, now. Can't understand why Charlton.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Charlie definitely gone, now. Can't understand why Charlton.
    Really?
    Wages
    Higher profile club
    Bigger crowds
    Probably more chance of promotion.

I didn't say why has he gone! I was comparing Charlton, a team only a few places above ourselves at the end of last season, with Sheff U, a team recently in the Premier League.

Fair enough.
    But why Charlton, is answered by the possibility that only they offered him a contract (job). And would you turn down a bigger job, let’s say 3X salary with a well known regional company, start tomorrow.
    Or would you wait for 4x salary with a national company, bigger job that might never happen, or you fall ill (injured) while waiting. And, he knows that he’s not out of his depth at this level. That’s why he went.

Sheff U wasn't hypothetical tho!. Charlton, seemingly, upped their original offer on Sheff U appearing to join in the hunt. However, you may be right. It could just have been speculation, in the end. I just wanted better for him.
    Also, I didn't want him to come back in a couple of weeks time and bite us on the bum!

......and where's that Tottenham winger?????

When Nicky Maynard arrived back at the Alex, I assumed it was just about training and keeping himself fit. However, listening to DA in his interview today, it sounds like he's being considered as a signing. He's been released by Newport and so hasn't got a club. This means he is not subject to the transfer window. He's getting on now and didn't make the team for Newport towards the end of the season. However, he has always had goals in him and what's more he creates a lot of those goals himself. Considering we've managed 2 goals in 6 games and have hardly created any goal-scoring opportunities, would it be worth taking him on? Thoughts on this, please. Sign him or not sign him?

I wouldn't sign him. I can see why the question is asked, but we have enough "forwards", the problem is getting the ball to them where they have a chance or even a half chance.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456