+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumours

Rumours

Yes, I know the corpse of season 20/21 is still cooling off but I thought I'd get this started for the summer. So any goss just get it on here!

One we all know about ... Dale, EFL hub insists that Ipswich are set to sign him (but why go to another club in this division?). A figure mentioned on an ITFC fan site has suggested £600,000.

Also mention of a Leeds U fringe youngster (a 'forward') of promise coming here on loan next season.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Yes, I know the corpse of season 20/21 is still cooling off but I thought I'd get this started for the summer. So any goss just get it on here!

One we all know about ... Dale, EFL hub insists that Ipswich are set to sign him (but why go to another club in this division?). A figure mentioned on an ITFC fan site has suggested £600,000.

Also mention of a Leeds U fringe youngster (a 'forward') of promise coming here on loan next season.
    Not surprised really they were mentioned along with PNE and Blackburn, he was probably the most improved player we had and would probably turn into that player who could score close to 20 goals in a season, but if the rumour is true he will be playing league 1 football next year but playing for a bigger club on a bigger contract. Another windfall for the club it seems but we have lost our best players NG, Pickering and now it seems Dale.

‘Twas ever thus! How many of us would have predicted Dale going for £600k and not Kirk 12 months ago?

It seems that Nathan Woods future at Middlesbrough is uncertain. He is going to be given some time in pre-season but Warnock wouldn't be drawn on whether he'll go out on loan again (the 72). Would we have him back? I, personally, would.

So would I - as I said during the season, the lad looked as though he enjoyed defending, had a decent pass on him but wasn’t afraid to take the advice of Mr Warnock and get rid when necessary.

"Cardiff City striker Mark Harris is wanted by Crewe Alexandra on loan next season, reports The Sun on Sunday (16.05.21, pg. 59).
    Harris, 22, featured 16 times in the Championship season just concluded and score three goals for the Bluebirds.
    His first league appearance for the club came way back in the 2016/17 campaign. "
    So that's 2 forwards we've been linked with, both in terms of developing players from other clubs. Does that matter?

So Porter re-signs. Is anyone surprised by that? Does anyone think he'll have many starts?

Nope not surprised, but really useful squad member - and if he can help to coach one of young strikers also then overall a really smart move for all concerned.

Doubt he will have many starts, but good option on the bench to change tactics, team formation etc ...

He must know what to expect, second fiddle to Mandron, and I’m sure that Dave will have been totally honest with him. As frogpole says our younger strikers, including Mandron, will likely learn a lot from him and we know he gets along with the rest of the squad or he wouldn’t have stayed another year. Good early business that enables Artell to turn to other targets nice and early.

Callum Ainley

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex View Post
    He must know what to expect, second fiddle to Mandron, and I’m sure that Dave will have been totally honest with him. As frogpole says our younger strikers, including Mandron, will likely learn a lot from him and we know he gets along with the rest of the squad or he wouldn’t have stayed another year. Good early business that enables Artell to turn to other targets nice and early.

A little surprised the Ainley situation is still unresolved anybody have any news on that front ?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast