+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Rumours

It may throw a side light on Wints that, as I mentioned, the house he's just sold is near my stepdaughter's and she says he and his partner had regular parties throughout lockdown, at the house ....

So the latest on Lowery: it seems his agent has 'advised' him to sit the season out and collect his wages for a year and then he'll get a good deal from another club. I hope he that TL is not that stupid to go along with the idea. However, I can't help thinking that maybe this is a consequence of Wintle's action for the previous 18 months. This would be the exact scenario I was railling against in my earlier posts re: Wintle's determination not to sign. Now no sooner has he gone than another player is threatening to sit tight for a year. The main difference, of course, is that Wintle was given his place and still turned out for the Alex while he ran his contract down. Possibly, Lowery and his agent are now following suit but this time Artell is putting his foot down and so their 'bluff', if that is what it is, has been called. Fortunately, we have a large number of midfielders to choose from and so TL will not be missed. What kind of professional footballer, particularly at his stage of development, decides not to play competitive football for a year?

Fair point, gazan, although it must be said that, at this time last year, we really didn’t have any alternative to Wintle and it would have been cutting off his nose to spite his face to ignore him and not play him. He was also player of the season in the previous season, immensely popular with the fans and key to our performance. Lowery isn’t, has, shall we say, mixed reviews(!) and Dave has plenty of alternatives.
    I
    I’m not saying Dave is wrong, but it’s easier to set an example with a Lowery than a Wintle. Let’s hope what you heard isn’t right, for the sake of all parties, bar the agent of course.

According to the Sun (via the 72) Charlton are about to "re-ignite their interest" in Charlton.
    I'm pretty sure they won't be able to meet the asking fee.
    They also talk about Lavelle, a Morecambe CH, interesting a league 1 club!!!

So what's going on at the Alex???
    At the press conference today Artell looked and sounded pretty pissed off
    and intimated that a lot had been going on which will all come out in the wash.
    People on Twitter all jittery as well, with hints re: Charlie.
    Whatever was going on, it doesn't look like good news.

Ooh all the panic buttons being pressed!!!. Charlie to go for less than the initial bid in January to Charlton. Hoban prefers to be an accountant. And lots of hints about Dale. All this less than 24 hours before kick-off!!

Rumours

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Ooh all the panic buttons being pressed!!!. Charlie to go for less than the initial bid in January to Charlton. Hoban prefers to be an accountant. And lots of hints about Dale. All this less than 24 hours before kick-off!!
    Jesus even by Crewe standards this is a whole new soap opera level

So I am hearing Charlton and Portsmouth after Kirk, if Portsmouth can’t get Kirk then they will go for Dale however Sunderland also want Dale complicated

What’s this about Hoban ? Is this true that would be a disaster and need us needing 2 center halves I believe we are interested in Sam Lavelle (Morecambe) and Terrell Thomas (Wimbledon) both however would require transfer fees not something Crewe have done for a number of years probably the last time we parted with any cash for a player was Daniel Udoh I stand to be corrected on that though.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    So what's going on at the Alex???
    At the press conference today Artell looked and sounded pretty pissed off
    and intimated that a lot had been going on which will all come out in the wash.
    People on Twitter all jittery as well, with hints re: Charlie.
    Whatever was going on, it doesn't look like good news.
    Probably peed off re Lowery, he really rates him and knows he is being given bad advice

It would appear Sheffield Utd are to table a bid for Kirk around £500000

With all these clubs wanting Charlie it would seem that Dave needs an auctioneer’s gavel rather than any negotiating skills! Hopefully he will be given the money to invest in a replacement or loanee(s). Tyreece’s untimely injury will be adding to his frustrations.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast