+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nicky Maynard

Maynards age counts against him for sure, maybe a decent shout as a backup striker when IB gets a few pacy chaps in up front...but the way it is going Rubin could be our new CF, the guy is gifted, plus still havnt seen enough from Knight to see if he warrants a starting spot

I would love to have seen Osbourne playing IB and given licence to roam and attack as opposed to his stint with Ardley where he tied an anchor to his foot before sending him out to play...

Yup looks like IB would improve the performance of almost every attacking player. Although TBH the season Osborne played for Notts he didn't have many defensive duties.

But would he currently get in the side when Enzio only makes the bench? I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Although TBH the season Osborne played for Notts he didn't have many defensive duties.
    I think he did, he just didn't do them, which is why Ardley didn't think the sun shined out his backside. I think the same was probably the case with Ruben though but Burchnall seems to have given him the kick up the arse he needed, maybe he could have done that with Osborne too but I don't blame Sam for not wanting to sit behind Enzio and Roberts all season (in hindsight he probably would have played a lot due to Cal's injuries)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12