+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: It's Finally Over For The Cottagers

It's Finally Over For The Cottagers

Sean Dyche's Burnley retained their status as a English Premier League outfit with a 2-0 win that relegated Fulham. - External Link

Quote Originally Posted by Footymad View Post
    Sean Dyche's Burnley retained their status as a English Premier League outfit with a 2-0 win that relegated Fulham. - External Link
    Excellent write perfectly summing up the game on Monday.

".........Go on just admit it, there were times during this long and arduous campaign where we all fussed and fretted that this might be the season in which Burnley finally got relegated back to the SKY Bet Championship.

We took to social media to complain about tactics, team selection, lack of transfer activity, attitude of the players, injuries, VAR – you name it and Clarets fans (myself included) have had a good old moan about it........."

We did not ALL fuss and fret ---why? ---because there is no point in worrying about anything which you are unable to influence and this clearly falls into that category as far as I am concerned, which is why I never complain or moan about what happens at the Club --there is simply no point.

Good artilce though! Stay happy and drink wine.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    ".........Go on just admit it, there were times during this long and arduous campaign where we all fussed and fretted that this might be the season in which Burnley finally got relegated back to the SKY Bet Championship.

We took to social media to complain about tactics, team selection, lack of transfer activity, attitude of the players, injuries, VAR – you name it and Clarets fans (myself included) have had a good old moan about it........."

We did not ALL fuss and fret ---why? ---because there is no point in worrying about anything which you are unable to influence and this clearly falls into that category as far as I am concerned, which is why I never complain or moan about what happens at the Club --there is simply no point.

Good artilce though! Stay happy and drink wine.
    You are in a minority of one I think Supersub6. I also think you would be just the type of person I'd want to be in the trenches with!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    You are in a minority of one I think Supersub6. I also think you would be just the type of person I'd want to be in the trenches with!
    Thanks BT, in fact, as a Flight Sergeant, I managed to bring all my men back from conflict, although there were no trenches as such ---just loads of sand!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    He's a good lad is Sub, I know that for a fact, I won't hear a word against him, but do you really want to be in the trenches with someone who doesn't worry about anything ? I only ask ?

300 or so Krauts or Japs running towards you armed to the teeth and Supersub6 singing "Que Sera Sera", would do for me sinky.

Leave Ashy alone or I will set the rugby league squad on you all.lol

Thanks for all the support and usual humour! I am what I am and always have been so I am not changing now!
    If you think that I am laid back about things you should meet my oldest son, Lee, he just falls off the edge which is just as well with his job as a Paramedic in the smoke! Disasters a speciality! lol

just watched MOTD tonight and hadn't realised we would be on, but we were but nothing mentioned of our performance, just hasta la vista baby Fulham. C'est la (Burnley) vie.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)