+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dusty Miller

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Yes
    If Harrogate have released him, he has to be worth a very detailed look. He looks better in a forward role than a defensive one, but I think there is a fair bit of potential there. Taking his age into account, it would be disappointing if we didn't offer him some sort of deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    If Harrogate have released him, he has to be worth a very detailed look. He looks better in a forward role than a defensive one, but I think there is a fair bit of potential there. Taking his age into account, it would be disappointing if we didn't offer him some sort of deal.
    Yep me too. His is a signature well worth pursuing.

Could he play in a midfield three next year? Not sure what his position is meant to be come to think of it...did we sign him as a winger/wing back?

He has been really good of late, he said when he signed that’d he’d like to make the move permanent if I remember correctly.

Name:  Screenshot_20210515-050415_Chrome.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  101.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Name:  Screenshot_20210515-050415_Chrome.jpg
Views: 248
Size:  101.5 KB
    could you make it a bit bigger g2bp I cant read it properly ! ....
    only joking , thanks for the post it looks like its in our hands then if we want him.

Miller and the other guy were announced separately from those that were not offered a new contract which suggests to me he was offered a deal and turned it down. Maybe he’s already been in talks with us? I would assume that if Burchnall wants him then negotiations will already have started. From recent performances I would say he was a fit either in NL or L2.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Could he play in a midfield three next year? Not sure what his position is meant to be come to think of it...did we sign him as a winger/wing back?

He has been really good of late, he said when he signed that’d he’d like to make the move permanent if I remember correctly.
    He was completely lost in a midfield three in arguably our worst performance of the season (Aldershot at home - but there are a few contenders) and seems more at home on the wing. We do seem to be getting used to 3-5-2, but I think the formation is less important sometimes than the intensity at which the team plays - and that’s where the improvement has come in recent weeks.

Ahh ok...what I’m thinking is how much I’d like to see Wootton playing alongside Rodrigues and Roberts next season up top and how best to fit the team around it!

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    Miller and the other guy were announced separately from those that were not offered a new contract which suggests to me he was offered a deal and turned it down. Maybe he’s already been in talks with us? I would assume that if Burchnall wants him then negotiations will already have started. From recent performances I would say he was a fit either in NL or L2.
    You compare his performances to those of Dan Jones and Rob Milsom on the left when we got relegated, he's more than capable of playing in League 2.

Looks to me like one of those players that are obviously talented but a manager may struggle to find the best position in the team for him. Is he left back, left mid, left of a 3? Seems wing back might be that slot

Would a good addition, now, if he could add goals to his game too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12