+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: £2.3 million to Keogh

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    No problem Andy.

You're correct that I haven't represented anyone, nor have I had to stand in a tribunal (the idea is to avoid doing so), and I'm afraid that I wouldn't offer to represent you either. However, like all genuine HR practitioners, I'd be there to facilitate and support a fair and impartial procedure for you to operate within
    I'm not sure whether that means you think I agreed with you or not!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I'm not sure whether that means you think I agreed with you or not!
    I'm joking with you, the last bit is a twist on an old how many does it take to change a lightbulb joke. And regrettably, a bit of indirect Swale baiting- I'll stop!

Formula 1 drivers will have clauses in their contracts forbidding them in pursuing extreme sports between races and the off season incase of injury that prevents them from carrying out their contractual duties, I assume football players have similar clauses.

So an example, Lawrence, Bennett and Keogh all go skydiving, they jump out - pull their chutes and all float down to the ground, Lawrence and Bennett land safely but Keogh botches his landing and breaks a leg......

So using that analogy what do the club do, same outcome or not.......?

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Formula 1 drivers will have clauses in their contracts forbidding them in pursuing extreme sports between races and the off season incase of injury that prevents them from carrying out their contractual duties, I assume football players have similar clauses.

So an example, Lawrence, Bennett and Keogh all go skydiving, they jump out - pull their chutes and all float down to the ground, Lawrence and Bennett land safely but Keogh botches his landing and breaks a leg......

So using that analogy what do the club do, same outcome or not.......?
    Easy answer, they get Nico Hulkenburgh in and he's MOM in the next game

I was thinking more Paul da Resta

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    No problem Andy.

You're correct that I haven't represented anyone, nor have I had to stand in a tribunal (the idea is to avoid doing so), and I'm afraid that I wouldn't offer to represent you either. However, like all genuine HR practitioners, I'd be there to facilitate and support a fair and impartial procedure for you to operate within
    Ah but then I am not an HR practitioner! Or as they call themselves these days People Officers!!

I represented people as a Union shop steward, I represented employers as a Manager or Consultant.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)