Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
I'm not surprised. If it's true that they offered him a reduced contract, risking a constructive dismissal, to then dismiss him on grounds of gross misconduct when he allegedly refuses it (so they've effectively dismissed him for refusing a lesser contract) appears from the outside some serious mis-management. Regardless if the act he may have committed (which none of us really know, speculation isn't fact), the motives for dismissal seemingly weren't aligned to the reason.

RA: Swale doesn't know any more than you and is regularly factually wrong throughout his posts on the subject, I wouldn't waste your time to his ego boasting.

Whatever the facts of the case, I'm pleased for Richard on a personal level.
Most people know more about employment law than me, Adi...you certainly seem to and you called it correctly from the off.

I’d like to be ‘pleased for Richard’ too...I really rated his attitude and leadership as a player throughout his DCFC years. Perhaps that’s why I’m particularly disappointed in his behaviour...but morally I think he’s in the wrong and I agree with Andy’s comment about employee responsibility. As club captain/senior pro he was an ambassador for the club and if I was MM I’d have felt very let down.