+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Total Drama Action 3rd Place Soccerball Shoutout - Dons v Hibs

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    ! Clear-out required ,,,,
    It can’t be all clear out, get rid …. We don’t have that kind of money. But more to the point, Kennedy is an incredibly talented player: we saw it at St Johnstone. What the hell has happened to him at Aberdeen? Is he too afraid to take on a defender because everything under McInnes was about tracking back so don’t be left sitting on the ground once a defender has gone straight through you? McLennan admittedly was not an incredibly talented player but he was a reasonable prospect who sometimes fell over his feet. If his confidence was low before, it must be totally destroyed now with every team since the Jute punting long diagonals his way and, not being a full back, completely out of his depth (and with little help from Hoban). I’m not sure why Glass has subjected him to this torture but, who knows, maybe with Brown, Gallagher and McCrorie in defence next year attacking players will be able to do what they are supposed to do and attack.

More players getting into the box now is all well and good but it’s a bit of a painting by numbers exercise. It’s going to be a lot more useful when whoever the strikers are know the wide players are going to deliver and where they are going to deliver.

Aberdeen FC unveil new strikeforce ahead of massive clearout.

Name:  C711FEA1-0E4E-4496-916A-7969C39784FC.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  19.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    In Kennedy’s defence, he doesn’t have a hair band - that’s all the defence I can offer really.

It puts him significantly ahead of McLennan though...
    We actually paid money for Kennedy.

Flushed by trying to make up for 8 months without a pint, I fell asleep after about 20 minutes.
    I’m glad I didn’t miss anything.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Not only did we pay money, we were told that he was brought in to provide quality crosses into the box.

Dearie dearie me.

I only caught the last 30 mins of the game but considering we were a goal down it didn’t look like we were all that urgent in trying to get one back. Hedges, whose been out injured for a while and was probably knackered, was the only player trying to get on the ball and make things happen - maybe Ferguson too.

Too much passing backwards from attacking areas still - McLennan, Kennedy the worst culprits - instead of beating a man or just putting it in the box they stop, stand still for about 10 seconds and then play it back... sometimes it even ends up all the way back at the keeper. McGinn is guilty of doing this more and more as well. Kamberi thinks he’s better than he is - very rarely any end product with him.

It sums it up when Calum Hendry (a 4th or 5th choice striker for st Johnstone) is your top striker and biggest goal threat.

I wasn’t particularly impressed with some of the things Glass was coming out with in his post match interview but I’ll give him the benefit of doubt that he’s just trying to see this season out now and the real work will begin in the summer.

We won’t be finishing anywhere near 4th next season if we are going to replace our shyte players with guys like Clark Robertson.
    ^^^this^^^ 100%

I’m not sure if this is a result of my advancing years or the quality of the player involved, but I have no memory of Clark Robertson at all.

I suspect it’s a combination of both.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I’m not sure if this is a result of my advancing years or the quality of the player involved, but I have no memory of Clark Robertson at all.

I suspect it’s a combination of both.
    I'm in the same boat as you DD, think we are round about the same age.
    I do faintly recall the boy Robertson and what I do recall is that he was mince,
    Now being a part of a rotherham fkn united defence that has just been relegated from, that is not the calibre or standard of player we should be going after.
    Scott Brown and Gallagher are a step up on what we currently have, Clark fkn Robertson most certainly is not !!!!

We actually pay money to McLennan...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast