Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 57

Thread: Motherwell match thread.

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    He was trying his hardest to make up for his brainfart challenge on Cole seconds earlier which then allowed Cole all the time in the world to pick out Long with the assist.
    Yes, this was the real mistake that lead to the goal.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    4,520
    I thought Chalmers played well and was very surprised at meekison. The energy is what we need and hopefully they can kick on next season. I still say Appere is ready too. Smith now ahead of freeman and neilson? Chalmers covers some ground btw first goal he was near our own box to intercept a pass. lovely flick and drive too. Ive been frustrated by Harkes but strangely my morton, rangers, celtic and motherwell mates all rate him. Fuchs loves the space without butcher too. Interesting as we have Hoti also - Chalmers, Meekison, Mochrie, Neilson, Davidson, Bisland, Graham, Glass, Lennon Walker, Fotheringham and Watson. All rated so surely one or two will break through successfully?

    saying that we drifted out in 2nd half - first time ive seen shankland laugh or smile for a while was after his pen miss - i think he couldnt believe how bad it was.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    19,235
    Doohan should be saving the first one, not sure he is what we need so wouldn't be going for him as a replacement after this short loan spell

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    4,328
    Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Doohan should be saving the first one, not sure he is what we need so wouldn't be going for him as a replacement after this short loan spell
    I don't think so. Connolly not only blocked his view but looked like he sliced it over him.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    4,061
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    I don't think so. Connolly not only blocked his view but looked like he sliced it over him.
    Agreed. An experienced pro taking up a position directly in front of the keeper, not only impeding his view but then nicking a touch past the keeper.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4,162
    Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    He was trying his hardest to make up for his brainfart challenge on Cole seconds earlier which then allowed Cole all the time in the world to pick out Long with the assist.
    I understand that, but a wee bit more restraint would not have taken the ball over the keeper who i believe had it covered!

    Are all his brainfarts an acceptable consequence of playing him and loosing out on important points when the finances are as tight as they are just now, or ever? The facts are out there where we had a great run of games last season with Watson in the team, and again with Edwards recently.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    4,162
    Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Doohan should be saving the first one, not sure he is what we need so wouldn't be going for him as a replacement after this short loan spell
    Im 100% sure he had that one covered, until Connolly nipped it over him!

    As far as i remember, he had one bad kick out that went to a Motherwell player, and at 23 year old, plenty time to learn from things like that!

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    I understand that, but a wee bit more restraint would not have taken the ball over the keeper who i believe had it covered!

    Are all his brainfarts an acceptable consequence of playing him and loosing out on important points when the finances are as tight as they are just now, or ever? The facts are out there where we had a great run of games last season with Watson in the team, and again with Edwards recently.
    Yeah, i was being sarcastic. Another brainfart costs us a goal. I'm just surprised he didn't turn round and Glasgow kiss the keeper such is his want to blame everyone but himself when it goes wrong.

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    590
    What's the anti-Connolly lobby all about? He's only got to f'n breathe & it's a mistake. He blocked the shot from Long as any defender would & unfortunately there was a sliced deflection over Doohan. If he hadn't tried to block the shot you'd be after him. Give the boy a break. He seems to be our current Scott Fraser. Get off the bandwagon, think for yourself.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    What's the anti-Connolly lobby all about? He's only got to f'n breathe & it's a mistake. He blocked the shot from Long as any defender would & unfortunately there was a sliced deflection over Doohan. If he hadn't tried to block the shot you'd be after him. Give the boy a break. He seems to be our current Scott Fraser. Get off the bandwagon, think for yourself.
    United fans always need a scapegoat

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •