+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Motherwell match thread.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    He was trying his hardest to make up for his brainfart challenge on Cole seconds earlier which then allowed Cole all the time in the world to pick out Long with the assist.
    Yes, this was the real mistake that lead to the goal.

I thought Chalmers played well and was very surprised at meekison. The energy is what we need and hopefully they can kick on next season. I still say Appere is ready too. Smith now ahead of freeman and neilson? Chalmers covers some ground btw first goal he was near our own box to intercept a pass. lovely flick and drive too. Ive been frustrated by Harkes but strangely my morton, rangers, celtic and motherwell mates all rate him. Fuchs loves the space without butcher too. Interesting as we have Hoti also - Chalmers, Meekison, Mochrie, Neilson, Davidson, Bisland, Graham, Glass, Lennon Walker, Fotheringham and Watson. All rated so surely one or two will break through successfully?

saying that we drifted out in 2nd half - first time ive seen shankland laugh or smile for a while was after his pen miss - i think he couldnt believe how bad it was.

Doohan should be saving the first one, not sure he is what we need so wouldn't be going for him as a replacement after this short loan spell

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Doohan should be saving the first one, not sure he is what we need so wouldn't be going for him as a replacement after this short loan spell
    I don't think so. Connolly not only blocked his view but looked like he sliced it over him.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    I don't think so. Connolly not only blocked his view but looked like he sliced it over him.
    Agreed. An experienced pro taking up a position directly in front of the keeper, not only impeding his view but then nicking a touch past the keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    He was trying his hardest to make up for his brainfart challenge on Cole seconds earlier which then allowed Cole all the time in the world to pick out Long with the assist.
    I understand that, but a wee bit more restraint would not have taken the ball over the keeper who i believe had it covered!

Are all his brainfarts an acceptable consequence of playing him and loosing out on important points when the finances are as tight as they are just now, or ever? The facts are out there where we had a great run of games last season with Watson in the team, and again with Edwards recently.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Im 100% sure he had that one covered, until Connolly nipped it over him!

As far as i remember, he had one bad kick out that went to a Motherwell player, and at 23 year old, plenty time to learn from things like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    I understand that, but a wee bit more restraint would not have taken the ball over the keeper who i believe had it covered!

Are all his brainfarts an acceptable consequence of playing him and loosing out on important points when the finances are as tight as they are just now, or ever? The facts are out there where we had a great run of games last season with Watson in the team, and again with Edwards recently.
    Yeah, i was being sarcastic. Another brainfart costs us a goal. I'm just surprised he didn't turn round and Glasgow kiss the keeper such is his want to blame everyone but himself when it goes wrong.

What's the anti-Connolly lobby all about? He's only got to f'n breathe & it's a mistake. He blocked the shot from Long as any defender would & unfortunately there was a sliced deflection over Doohan. If he hadn't tried to block the shot you'd be after him. Give the boy a break. He seems to be our current Scott Fraser. Get off the bandwagon, think for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    What's the anti-Connolly lobby all about? He's only got to f'n breathe & it's a mistake. He blocked the shot from Long as any defender would & unfortunately there was a sliced deflection over Doohan. If he hadn't tried to block the shot you'd be after him. Give the boy a break. He seems to be our current Scott Fraser. Get off the bandwagon, think for yourself.
    United fans always need a scapegoat

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)