+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus Level 0 in Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I've got a busty blonde in a skimpy negligee waiting at the terminus, have you?
    In reality you have olive in Arthur's sidecar. 😎

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    In reality you have olive in Arthur's sidecar. ��

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I've got a busty blonde in a skimpy negligee waiting at the terminus, have you?
    I really don't know what to say.

"Cor blimey" seems apt

Butler opened first ever cash machine....Barclays I think.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Would like to see a change in tone coming from our politicians. Seems to me they need to find a way to say that the vaccinations are working. If they keep banging on about fault and apportioning blame we are well and truly stuffed. Look at Hillsborough, the post office scandal, the factor H scandal, the list is endless. Try to apportion blame and once the law gets involved we are years and years and years away from moving on.
    There must be a time when commonsense comes into the reckoning. On Pravda there was very briefly a comment about the actual figures in Ninewells. It was so completely at odds with the way the fear of the Indian variant has been used to drive forward the uptake of vaccines. The drive to test everyone seems to me to be more about creating this buzz that the Indian variant is a massive threat. I'm losing faith in the politicians, for me, that is a really worrying thought. Rross has been banging on about freedom and somehow getting it returned to us. I think direct action is dangerous because I don't know where it will lead. I'd much rather see Boris speak to the Westminster leaders of all the parties, particularly Blackford, and see if there could be change of tone to support the vaccination programme and an acceptance that now covid is less of a threat than winter flu.
    Do you see non mask wearing as direct action?

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Do you see non mask wearing as direct action?
    No.

I was down South for the last few days, the difference between Scotland and England re compliance with the guidelines/advice etc is like chalk and cheese.

Was in a good few bars and honestly in one down South it was like pre covid, no one wearing masks pub very busy it was like i had been transported back in time. Doormen not not caring a jot if you had a mask or not.

I was also in a social club type place where although it was not as busy mask wearing was by choice, not enforced, lads playing snooker and pool puggy machines on etc.

Was on a train on Sunday from Hartlepool to Newcastle, train busy, i would say 90 per cent not wearing masks walking through Newcastle Central Station again 90 per cent maskless and Transport Police clearly not fussed about it at all.

The difference up here is astonishing, people walking around Edinburgh Waverley i would at a guess saying 95 per cent mask wearing. Edinburgh bars the same, track and trace rammed etc rammed down your throat at every opportunity, train journey back to the Dee countless announcements re masks etc. Its about time that we all need to grow a set and do what a lot down South are doing and just get on with things as they see fit, the authorities are realising down there that its futile trying to impose the rules etc when there is loads of non compliance....its about time we followed their lead.

Quote Originally Posted by thegen65 View Post
    I was down South for the last few days, the difference between Scotland and England re compliance with the guidelines/advice etc is like chalk and cheese.

Was in a good few bars and honestly in one down South it was like pre covid, no one wearing masks pub very busy it was like i had been transported back in time. Doormen not not caring a jot if you had a mask or not.

I was also in a social club type place where although it was not as busy mask wearing was by choice, not enforced, lads playing snooker and pool puggy machines on etc.

Was on a train on Sunday from Hartlepool to Newcastle, train busy, i would say 90 per cent not wearing masks walking through Newcastle Central Station again 90 per cent maskless and Transport Police clearly not fussed about it at all.

The difference up here is astonishing, people walking around Edinburgh Waverley i would at a guess saying 95 per cent mask wearing. Edinburgh bars the same, track and trace rammed etc rammed down your throat at every opportunity, train journey back to the Dee countless announcements re masks etc. Its about time that we all need to grow a set and do what a lot down South are doing and just get on with things as they see fit, the authorities are realising down there that its futile trying to impose the rules etc when there is loads of non compliance....its about time we followed their lead.
    True story.

Bar I was in Saturday, won't name it.

There was 8 or 9 dabs in sitting close together over two tables.....really tight.....like they were away to break into Annie's song at the drop of a hat.

Anyway

They were sitting no more than 15 foot from toilets yet the majority o them put on a mask to walk 3 or 4 yards to the bog...astonishing behaviour considering how they were sitting at tables.

I was almost tempted to ask one of them why but decided against it.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    True story.

Bar I was in Saturday, won't name it.

There was 8 or 9 dabs in sitting close together over two tables.....really tight.....like they were away to break into Annie's song at the drop of a hat.

Anyway

They were sitting no more than 15 foot from toilets yet the majority o them put on a mask to walk 3 or 4 yards to the bog...astonishing behaviour considering how they were sitting at tables.

I was almost tempted to ask one of them why but decided against it.
    Reason is the rules. Sitting at a table you don't need to wear your mask, moving around you do. Had the same thing fishing hotel up north. No standing at bar, sitting at table without mask OK, go up to collect drink, put on mask. Daft, I grant you.

Reason is the rules. Sitting at a table you don't need to wear your mask, moving around you do. Had the same thing fishing hotel up north. No standing at bar, sitting at table without mask OK, go up to collect drink, put on mask. Daft, I grant you.
    A dozen folk standing at the bar b cram.....I think once you leave the town centres these rules just ain't happening.

They actually had to walk a Cple of feet towards the toilet to get elbow room to put mask on.....they were that close to one another.

Get what you are saying BCram but the point i was trying to make is the rules are the same down South but there is a lot less compliance.

its about time we all started doing the same in my humble opinion of course.

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)