+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus Level 0 in Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by grantzer View Post
    Yeah,that's why you lied about it,because it was allowed....
    If everyone took your view that the rules can be broken for any pretend reason,the country would still be in lockdown

I am holding you personally responsible for lockdown lasting as long as it did,while you waltzed around all over Scotland spreading covid and complaining about the SNP.

Don't come on here preaching about rule breaking or double standards when you blatantly broke the rules yourself.

And no matter what you say,you broke the rules
    You ever thought about moving to North Korea.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I also fail to understand the social distancing rules which allow only 500 fans into Dens Park with them all being ‘squeezed’ into the Bobby Cox Stand. It is nuts.
    I also fail to understand why under 2 metres social distancing rules only 600 fans can be admitted to Hampden which has a maximum capacity of 52,000 but under 1.5 metres social distancing rules 12,000 spectators can be admitted to Hampden for the European Championship.
    I suspect that the rules were ‘bent’ to allow 12,000 into Hampden because UEFA put the ‘gun to the heads’ of the Scottish Government Ministers in charge and told them that if they did not agree to a minimum of 12,000 spectators being admitted to Hampden the games would be moved to another football stadium outwith Scotland. The European Championship games in Dublin have been moved because he Irish Government would not agree to the UEFA conditions.
    It was announced at a recent Islay Community Recovery Group meeting by the ferry ‘expert’ that one metre social distancing would remain in place on all Calmac ferries throughout the whole of the 2021 Summer timetable period which ends around the 17th October 2021. This will result in the current passenger capacity on the Scottish Government owned Calmac ferries being reduced by almost 70%.
    This will reduce the current maximum 550 passenger capacity on the MV Finlaggan which sails on the Kennacraig to Islay route to around 165 passengers.
    Therefore 1 metre social distancing equates to an approximate reduction of 70%
    1.5 metres social distancing equates to a reduction of 75.96% (76%).
    2 metres social distancing equates to a reduction of 98.84% (99%) based on 600 spectators being able to attend the 2021 Scottish Cup Final before Glasgow remained in Tier 3.
    The capacity of Dens Park is listed as 11,775 on Wikipedia.
    Therefore 2 metres social distancing rules equates to a reduction of 95.75% (96%) based on 500 spectators being able to attend a home game at Dens Park from Monday 17th May 2021 onwards.
    Once again there is no rhyme nor reason how the Scottish Government and the Health Authorities have calculated the laid down number of spectators attending football matches after Monday 17th May 2021 with their calculations appearing to have been made on the back of a fag packet.
    It appears to be Scottish Government policy that spectators being admitted to attend football matches in all seated stadiums must only sit in one stand.
    This happened when Aberdeen supporters were able to attend a home game at the beginning of last December and Ross County supporters were able to attend a home game against Celtic. Both local authorities were in Tier 2.
    From memory Aberdeen were able to admit 600 spectators whilst Ross County could only admit 300 spectators due to their capacity of just over 6,000.
    You would hope that Tam Cowan and his co presenter might be able to ask Jason Leitch why these rules are being applied. hmac makes the point that it is within the rules for the club to provide a plan to allow more fans in. This seems a sensible option and I wonder why no club seems to have been able to adopt it? Maybe it isn't just a case of heavy handed leadership from Holyrood.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    You ever thought about being intelligent?

Quote Originally Posted by grantzer View Post
    You ever thought about being intelligent?
    Name:  Christ 1.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  16.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Name:  Christ 1.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  16.2 KB
    That made me lol......oh no wait. It never.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    You would hope that Tam Cowan and his co presenter might be able to ask Jason Leitch why these rules are being applied. hmac makes the point that it is within the rules for the club to provide a plan to allow more fans in. This seems a sensible option and I wonder why no club seems to have been able to adopt it? Maybe it isn't just a case of heavy handed leadership from Holyrood.
    The Chelsea and Leicester supporters were certainly not sitting socially distanced from each other. at Wembley. Joe Fitzpatrick the former Scottish Government sports minister up to December 2020 should also be interviewed as he would have been instrumental in allowing spectators to attend the Aberdeen and Ross County respective home games at the beginning of December 2020 when both clubs were in Tier 2.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    People like being told what to do.....what can you do.🙄

Thought this thread was perhaps worthwhile since Kirriemuir is the epicentre of new wave of infections?
    Been very disappointed with the mood music about future treatment of outbreaks of covid.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Thought this thread was perhaps worthwhile since Kirriemuir is the epicentre of new wave of infections?
    Been very disappointed with the mood music about future treatment of outbreaks of covid.
    I admired your positivity and hope that politicians would see sense......they won't until people themselves get a grip.

Was on a tour yesterday with people from India, Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada and Eire

Yet in Scotland em not allowed to make decisions on risk for myself.🙄

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I admired your positivity and hope that politicians would see sense......they won't until people themselves get a grip.

Was on a tour yesterday with people from India, Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada and Eire

Yet in Scotland em not allowed to make decisions on risk for myself.��
    Vaccinated twice, very low probability that I'll get ill even if I do catch Covid - but I can't decide for myself whether to wear a face covering in ASDA or not.

Nanny state

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)