+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus Level 0 in Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Vaccinated twice, very low probability that I'll get ill even if I do catch Covid - but I can't decide for myself whether to wear a face covering in ASDA or not.

Nanny state
    Devils advocate - I’ve been travelling in Asia for years and they’ve been wearing face masks a long time, not to protect themselves but to protect others.
    The face mask wearing due to a transmissible flu is not just to protect you but to protect vulnerable people, they can still get it from you even if you had the vaccine.

I’m not in favour of a nanny state but I wear a face mask because I do know people who have died from it, and been there to watch it. It doesn’t hurt anyone to take a wee bit of care and I feel the government got it wrong with the “forcing” not explaining. Put the way I have above I doubt there’d be huge objections to a mask in enclosed public places.

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    Devils advocate - I’ve been travelling in Asia for years and they’ve been wearing face masks a long time, not to protect themselves but to protect others.
    The face mask wearing due to a transmissible flu is not just to protect you but to protect vulnerable people, they can still get it from you even if you had the vaccine.

I’m not in favour of a nanny state but I wear a face mask because I do know people who have died from it, and been there to watch it. It doesn’t hurt anyone to take a wee bit of care and I feel the government got it wrong with the “forcing” not explaining. Put the way I have above I doubt there’d be huge objections to a mask in enclosed public places.
    I absolutely get that Hmac and believe that better information would help everyone. I also get that if I'm wearing a face covering and the vulnerable person is also wearing a face covering the protection afforded that vulnerable person is doubled. I've been avoiding my mother in law since the start a she has COPD and is pretty weak (well, that's as good an excuse as any to avoid her) but she's insisting now that we visit her because she thinks every day's her last. We wear masks to protect her but as it's her house she exercises her right to choose, doesn't wear a face covering and tells us to take ours off.

I just object to the idea that it's an order rather than advisory. Should be about choice based on good information.

Andrew lloyd webber is gonna open his theatres on the 21st regardless so hopefully others do the same and we move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I admired your positivity and hope that politicians would see sense......they won't until people themselves get a grip.

Was on a tour yesterday with people from India, Bangladesh, Brazil, Canada and Eire

Yet in Scotland em not allowed to make decisions on risk for myself.🙄
    Still think politicians will get us out of this mess. They need to give the scientists a new brief. Honourable thing to do would be Chris Whitty a chance to work under a different set of priorities.
    As I understand it, the Indian variation is becoming more common. Why do we worry about a new variant? Seems to me that we should be celebrating the demise of the "deadly" Kent variant, and give more attention to the correlation between the numbers tested to have the virus, the numbers who are put in hospital, the number who die, and the vaccination status of everyone who has caught the virus that particular week.
    Saw Alastair Neill on TV this morning. He quoted the numbers to show how the virus seemed to be losing its ability to kill. Think GB News will be brilliant.

Just think the whole covid restriction rulings are becoming a farce. Just a short time ago with Brexit, it was all about protecting our borders, yet when the pandemic started, people were flying in from the states, Hong Kong, India, Pakistan etc, and it's still happening.
    I look after myself regarding covid , but it's civil disobedience from me with the current farce.
    Now the minority are penalising the majority.
    For various reasons, too many people are refusing to be vaccinated, fair enough, but if you refuse the vaccination and end up in hospital, you should pay for the treatment.
    Getting back to the football and level 0 ,why can't you let in fans who have all had two jabs ? Thus increase the crowds.
    Think Andrew Lloyd Webber is doing the right, we need to ignore some of these restriction, wee nippie is revelling in the control,
    Level 4- 0, and zero is not normality, treating people like numpties.

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    Just think the whole covid restriction rulings are becoming a farce. Just a short time ago with Brexit, it was all about protecting our borders, yet when the pandemic started, people were flying in from the states, Hong Kong, India, Pakistan etc, and it's still happening.
    I look after myself regarding covid , but it's civil disobedience from me with the current farce.
    For various reasons, too many people are refusing to be vaccinated, fair enough, but if you refuse the vaccination and end up in hospital, you should pay for the treatment.
    Getting back to the football and level 0 ,why can't you let in fans who have all had two jabs ? Thus increase the crowds.
    Think Andrew Lloyd Webber is doing the right, we need to ignore some of these restriction, wee nippie is revelling in the control,
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, Scotland isn't getting out of this anytime soon.

It's a very political having different restrictions in the UK.

Level 0 is complete and utter *******s, they are normalizing the restriction of movement and restriction of liberty.

Johnson is scared witless of the scientists and sturgeon is using the pandemic which stopped being a pandemic in this country in April 2020 as a political football.

It's in the people's hands, the moment they think all this is a vote loser they will stop it.....at the moment it appears to be vote winner.......which is a sad enditement of the people of Scotland and the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Still think politicians will get us out of this mess. They need to give the scientists a new brief. Honourable thing to do would be Chris Whitty a chance to work under a different set of priorities.
    As I understand it, the Indian variation is becoming more common. Why do we worry about a new variant? Seems to me that we should be celebrating the demise of the "deadly" Kent variant, and give more attention to the correlation between the numbers tested to have the virus, the numbers who are put in hospital, the number who die, and the vaccination status of everyone who has caught the virus that particular week.
    Saw Alastair Neill on TV this morning. He quoted the numbers to show how the virus seemed to be losing its ability to kill. Think GB News will be brilliant.
    What's wrong with getting out of it ourselves b cram?

Why put faith in politicians who will sway like a palm tree I the wind to whatever way the polls say will get them votes.

Liberty wasn't theirs to take.....it's not theirs to give back.

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post

Not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    Great point about Level 0 not being a return to precovid normal. Also agree that if you have had two jags then theatres and football grounds etc should be encouraged to open up areas that can be FILLED with double jaggers. Don't think Lloyd Webber should break the law. His words should be seen as an important public statement that should give our politicians cause to reflect.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Not for me.
    And that’s fine, but don’t be surprised if that means you can’t go certain places.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)