+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus Level 0 in Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by hmac View Post
    And that’s fine, but don’t be surprised if that means you can’t go certain places.
    Three words

I am exempt.

Norwegian/Danish study proved little or no benefit in smothering people with face masks.

I would indeed be very surprised.

And don't feel obliged to reduce your e intake of oxygen for my benefit.....rather see you smile.😁

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    Just think the whole covid restriction rulings are becoming a farce. Just a short time ago with Brexit, it was all about protecting our borders, yet when the pandemic started, people were flying in from the states, Hong Kong, India, Pakistan etc, and it's still happening.
    I look after myself regarding covid , but it's civil disobedience from me with the current farce.
    Now the minority are penalising the majority.
    For various reasons, too many people are refusing to be vaccinated, fair enough, but if you refuse the vaccination and end up in hospital, you should pay for the treatment.
    Getting back to the football and level 0 ,why can't you let in fans who have all had two jabs ? Thus increase the crowds.
    Think Andrew Lloyd Webber is doing the right, we need to ignore some of these restriction, wee nippie is revelling in the control,
    Level 4- 0, and zero is not normality, treating people like numpties.
    I would sign a DNR right now if I could get my life back if I was in hospital with covid related illness ,which at the minute could be broken ankle….there are people who smoke 40 a day and then need treatment from the NHS and they’re not turned away.

I’m 53 years old and have always looked after my health without being a martyr to it ,suddenly I’m being asked to protect people who didn’t give a monkeys about their health before this and probably won’t after if it is ever all over .

I’ve never needed hospital treatment in my life which I think is a combination of genes and design but that could change…I understand that..

The MSM have pushed that everyone who contracts covid is ill ,and it’s not the case but a poor lifestyle certainly puts you in a vulnerable group.

Agree regards people with 2 doses of the vaccine should be allowed to go to games ,they’re never going to get more protection from herein….

Quote Originally Posted by Mudskipper View Post
    I would sign a DNR right now if I could get my life back if I was in hospital with covid related illness ,which at the minute could be broken ankle….there are people who smoke 40 a day and then need treatment from the NHS and they’re not turned away.

I’m 53 years old and have always looked after my health without being a martyr to it ,suddenly I’m being asked to protect people who didn’t give a monkeys about their health before this and probably won’t after if it is ever all over .

I’ve never needed hospital treatment in my life which I think is a combination of genes and design but that could change…I understand that..

The MSM have pushed that everyone who contracts covid is ill ,and it’s not the case but a poor lifestyle certainly puts you in a vulnerable group.

Agree regards people with 2 doses of the vaccine should be allowed to go to games ,they’re never going to get more protection from herein….
    Love it

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    What's wrong with getting out of it ourselves b cram?

Why put faith in politicians who will sway like a palm tree I the wind to whatever way the polls say will get them votes.

Liberty wasn't theirs to take.....it's not theirs to give back.
    Parliament initially voted to give the Government emergency powers which have been extended to September. The initial decision was correct but I think we should all be trying to get democratic control back in the hands of our elected representatives. We need to create a climate that makes the winds of change blow towards restoration of precovid parliamentary arrangements and not civil unrest.

I agree with your concerns but think persuasion needs to be much more broadly based than the rights to behave as one thinks one should.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Andrew lloyd webber is gonna open his theatres on the 21st regardless so hopefully others do the same and we move on.
    I admire his stance but I think it’s hollow ,he’s got an ear to the top level of government and if he doesn’t open it’s because he’s been given a bucket load of cash to see him through…

Quote Originally Posted by Mudskipper View Post

That is exactly the problem. You making a decision about how you want to live your life when your actions may create a life threatening illness for others. I am not disagreeing with your right to decide about your life, merely questioning whether that right should be given a higher ranking than the obligation that our politicians should try to act on behalf of the greater good.

I think we need to encourage our politicians to find a way to get back to pre-covid normality. I'm sure it can be done but it needs the promise of success rather than the threat of civil unrest to get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Parliament initially voted to give the Government emergency powers which have been extended to September. The initial decision was correct but I think we should all be trying to get democratic control back in the hands of our elected representatives. We need to create a climate that makes the winds of change blow towards restoration of precovid parliamentary arrangements and not civil unrest.

I agree with your concerns but think persuasion needs to be much more broadly based than the rights to behave as one thinks one should.
    See I think the exact opposite.....when laws are stupid or immoral as someone once said its almost your duty to disobey.

I had enough last April I've honestly paid little or no attention to most of what they now say I have or haven't to do.

I just don't recognise their authority to take something that ain't theirs.

Saw the thing about the cruise ship docking or no getting to dock in Greenock.😁

People will really accept any old bull, 're masks, social distancing, indoor/outdoor, pubs shutting at 8pm 10pm, drink with a meal indoors not without.

I kinda accept the Govts have won and defeated common sense and logic....it's the margin of victory now.

Just heard Scotland wants to extend emergency powers to March next year! My argument in favour of politicians changing their minds because we are winning the battle seems unlikely if they are thinking they need to keep these powers.

Heaven help us Rross if your pessimism is correct.

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)