+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus Level 0 in Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Most people now have power banks all charged up and ready to use for just such situations.
    The whisky distilleries on Islay have diesel fired generators but the rest of us just have to wait until the electricity comes back on.
    We have a portable butane stove which allows us to boil a pot of water for a cup of coffee.
    We purchased it after a big storm on 2nd January 2013 resulted in us being without electricity for 63 hours and 20 minutes due to power lines being blown down.

Real battle of wills now between lockdown "scientists" and politicians who Ken enough is enough.

Just over the last wee bit we have had scientist say that we have to prepare for prolonged lockdown this winter, 60k at Hungry game, 20000 Scots at Wembley, singinging and dancing at a Ascot and G7 leaders no giving a flying ****.

Who wins this Autumn will have a huge bearing on how we live the rest of our natural.

Look out for the most dangerous variant yet being discovered late October.

My money is edging towards politicians bottles crashing and mad sage men and women winning.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Real battle of wills now between lockdown "scientists" and politicians who Ken enough is enough.

Just over the last wee bit we have had scientist say that we have to prepare for prolonged lockdown this winter, 60k at Hungry game, 20000 Scots at Wembley, singinging and dancing at a Ascot and G7 leaders no giving a flying ****.

Who wins this Autumn will have a huge bearing on how we live the rest of our natural.

Look out for the most dangerous variant yet being discovered late October.

My money is edging towards politicians bottles crashing and mad sage men and women winning.
    Any more lockdowns undermine their vaccine programme so wud be surprised if you are right.
    I was more surprised how many seemed to enjoy lockdown!

I fail to understand why the Indian variant of the Covid-19 virus is now called the Delta variant but when the Kent variant was discovered last December the EU leaders were quick to ram the Kent variant down our throats blaming the U.K. politicians and residents for being lax in allowing it to be introduced.
    The Kent variant is now belatedly being called the Alpha variant.
    According to yesterday’s Sunday Times newspaper the German government are expecting an explosion of positive Indian (Delta) variant cases this Autumn and other European countries are also expecting the Indian virus to take hold.
    What I cannot understand is why we are still wearing face masks in supermarkets and public places. The Health ‘experts’ tell us that we have to be in contact with a person suffering from the Covid-19 virus for 15 minutes before we run the risk of catching it. People in supermarkets are not in contact with other people in supermarkets for anything like 15 minutes especially as they are all spaced out in any queues at the checkouts. The same goes for public places such as museums and art *********.
    To cap it all in May 2020 we were told by the halfwits bosses at Transport Scotland that leaving the windows open on buses would stop the spread of the Covid-19 virus. What a lot of rubbish. It has not made a jot of difference. Meanwhile passengers on the Xplore Dundee buses were freezing cold during the Autumn and Winter months due to the buses being freezing cold thanks to the windows being open. Belatedly 50% of the windows were shut on the Xplore Dundee buses from December 2020 onwards but that was no use.
    No wonder the buses were running almost empty. You had more chance of catching pneumonia sitting on the Xplore Dundee buses than catching the Covid-19 virus!

The 'Indian variant' is now called the Delta variant because they found that, remarkably, people were blaming India for causing the variant, same with South African, Brazilian and UK variants - these countries were being blame and having the finger pointed at them. But you knew that.

We all know masks are pointless, you're preaching to the converted.

You've banged on about the buses in Dundee for months now and we all get what you're saying about the windows being opened in the winter - 100% a stupid decision. Can you not just give it a rest for now though? It's just boring.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Any more lockdowns undermine their vaccine programme so wud be surprised if you are right.
    I was more surprised how many seemed to enjoy lockdown!
    Those who "enjoyed" lockdown was a sad enditement of british/Scottish life......so many people seem to do so little that they were ok with it.

Those who enjoyed no travelling to work everyday in London and the bigger cities I can understand but the reality of working from home isnae ahh it's cracked up to be.....did it for long enough....didn't enjoy it.

Public sector did very well out of all of this.....in some circumstances a year of full pay holiday......those with private companies or working for themselves more a mixed bag.

Has people's attitudes changed for good????

Belfast was pretty strict if courteous about it, it was good to be in a boozer on Saturday where it was much much more lax.

I'm heartened that there is actually a battle on now and people seem to realise that this is kinda important.......I just think mad sage are easing off at the minute cause it's summer.....come Autumn.....game on again.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    The 'Indian variant' is now called the Delta variant because they found that, remarkably, people were blaming India for causing the variant, same with South African, Brazilian and UK variants - these countries were being blame and having the finger pointed at them. But you knew that.

We all know masks are pointless, you're preaching to the converted.

You've banged on about the buses in Dundee for months now and we all get what you're saying about the windows being opened in the winter - 100% a stupid decision. Can you not just give it a rest for now though? It's just boring.
    I'll get you butler.🤣

Would like to see a change in tone coming from our politicians. Seems to me they need to find a way to say that the vaccinations are working. If they keep banging on about fault and apportioning blame we are well and truly stuffed. Look at Hillsborough, the post office scandal, the factor H scandal, the list is endless. Try to apportion blame and once the law gets involved we are years and years and years away from moving on.
    There must be a time when commonsense comes into the reckoning. On Pravda there was very briefly a comment about the actual figures in Ninewells. It was so completely at odds with the way the fear of the Indian variant has been used to drive forward the uptake of vaccines. The drive to test everyone seems to me to be more about creating this buzz that the Indian variant is a massive threat. I'm losing faith in the politicians, for me, that is a really worrying thought. Rross has been banging on about freedom and somehow getting it returned to us. I think direct action is dangerous because I don't know where it will lead. I'd much rather see Boris speak to the Westminster leaders of all the parties, particularly Blackford, and see if there could be change of tone to support the vaccination programme and an acceptance that now covid is less of a threat than winter flu.

I'll get you butler.��
    I've got a busty blonde in a skimpy negligee waiting at the terminus, have you?

Those who "enjoyed" lockdown was a sad enditement of british/Scottish life......so many people seem to do so little that they were ok with it.

Those who enjoyed no travelling to work everyday in London and the bigger cities I can understand but the reality of working from home isnae ahh it's cracked up to be.....did it for long enough....didn't enjoy it.

Public sector did very well out of all of this.....in some circumstances a year of full pay holiday......those with private companies or working for themselves more a mixed bag.

Has people's attitudes changed for good????

Belfast was pretty strict if courteous about it, it was good to be in a boozer on Saturday where it was much much more lax.

I'm heartened that there is actually a battle on now and people seem to realise that this is kinda important.......I just think mad sage are easing off at the minute cause it's summer.....come Autumn.....game on again.
    Boris has made an arse of this so canna really afford another lockdown as shows the vaccine programme as futile. Noticed concerts etc are still planning on going ahead, some days after rescheduled "freedom day"
    Mad sage shud never have been used in the first place and hopefully won't be used again. What hope do we have when millions take what Dr Hilary says is gospel who in turn doesn't question the government.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)